Search results

1. I

HO scale Peterbilt 379ish Winch Tractor

Very nice! The 379 Pete was the tractor I used to operate before going to a Freightliner XL... Sure miss my Pete... Looks like all you need to add are the ICC numbers and O/O graphics.... (If your so inclined)
  2. I

Layout Planning Software

Just to chime in again... I've been using 3D Plan It! TrackPlanner and I really like it. I've got XtrkCAD and Atlas RTS 7.0 installed too, but TP is my "weapon of choice".
  3. I

Plan or Just Go For It

As someone new to the hobby and creating my first layout, I gotta say plan first, build second. Certainly for the reasons mentioned above but for another reason too. If your building your layout based on a time in RR history or locale, planning gives you time to research and find other "cool"...
  4. I

For Trussrod

One evening, and Engineer and a Brakeman walked by a bar... <pause> Well, it COULD happen!
  5. I

Greetings and a question

I think next month is "National Poke You in the Arse" month... I've got my CS scheduled for the 17th... I agree with UP2CSX... Give 'er full throttle 'bro... never pulled a grade at anything less...
  6. I

Greetings and a question

Howdy Printer! It seems a shame to let your HO gear lay dormant. I suppose you could sell it off if needed but still... :(
  7. I

Greetings and a question

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement Mingo, OldGettySK and Paul...;) I just bought my first set of "lineless" bifocals this year and they've taken some getting used to... I compared an UP EMD E6 in both N and HO scales at my LHS yesterday and while the detail on both was pretty good, the HO...
  8. I

Greetings and a question

Thank you gents for your welcomes and insights. There is one aspect I really hadn't considered and that was my eyesight... As I get older, unlike a good wine, my eyesight isn't getting any better... :rolleyes: N scale size, or lack of it, will play a part I'm sure as I get older... The...
  9. I

Greetings and a question

Greetings to all... New guy at the station... Please allow me to introduce myself: My name is Jeff Houck and I'm a 50 year old semi-retired IT Professional. That is to say, I burned out working on networks and computers after 25 years and now I drive a OTR longhaul semi-truck about 16 days a...

Back