Search results

1. S

MRC Prodigy Express'2

I started with the MRC Prodigy Express2. I upgraded to the MRC Prodigy Elite...it's a 10 amp system. So far, it will run my Broadway Limited locos with Paragon Rolling Thunder sound easily. The manual says 28 speed steps is the default for new locos. It also says the decoders will have a preset...
  2. S

Tiny copper clips for DCC decoders

Does anyone know where I can get those tiny copper clips that are attached to many Atlas DC decoders? These are used to make sure the DC decoders fit snugly into their slots on the engine frames. I am generally able to recycle what I have, but it would be nice to have extras in case I drop it...
  3. S

New Post-need Layout Help

MRC has had DCC for several years. It was the first DC transformers I had when I got into N scale a very long time ago so I'm comfortable with the company. I have started to solder track and still have some stutter stops. I'm working on a small section of the track to get it to run perfect then...
  4. S

To the question posted in the "Help" section, I did clean the tracks before running any trains. I had a different engine run around the layout 2-4 times, then it started to stutter-stop too. Thinking I'll need to drop several more feeders at the very least.
  5. S

What brand of DAP to use for laying foam/ cork roadbed and track ?

I use the DAP ALEX Painters Acrylic Latex Caulk-25 year. Holds really well, and is easy to remove roadbed or track if necessary. Yes, it is Snow white, but it's going to be covered with ballast, scenicking anyway, so I don;t sweat it.
  6. S

Willie, thanks for the Welcome. I did clean the track with rubbing alcohol first, then ran the train. It seemed that after a few minutes, it would stutter out. Now, it won't even pcik up any currnent. I know I'm going to maintenance the engine, but I just ran another engine and after a few...
  7. S

Building an 11 x 14 U-shaped N-Scale layout. I'm using code 80 Atlas Snap track. All the track is down, and I'm using an MRC Prodigy Elite 10amp DCC system. I did not solder the track. I have stringers down, but when trying to run my Kato EMD SD70M with a TCS K1D4 decoder, I get stutter starts...

Back