Search results

1. C

Anyone with experience with Flexxbed Scale?

Dude! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. All the reasons that I have been looking to use it. I'm practicing with it with some under layout storage. Seems to do very well.
  2. C

Need a Plumber?

That's great!
  3. C

What brand of DAP to use for laying foam/ cork roadbed and track ?

Anyone with experience with the Alex Plus caulk in Slate Grey?
  4. C

Anyone with experience with Flexxbed Scale?

Hobby Innovations makes a vinyl roadbed. I have a case of it. Anyone with experience with it? From their site: Superior Sound Absorption Flexxbed Vinyl Roadbed reduces vibrations & noise and allows for much quieter layout operation than conventional roadbed materials E-Z to Install Curves...
  5. C

Requesting feedback on idea for foam noise dampening on layout

"If you support it with joists, stay with 1X4 stood up on edge and wedged between parallel frame stringers, and use PL-300 (safe for foam) to keep it from squirming around on you, you'll find it quite a bit more quiet." .... so, when did you place a spy cam in my train room? I appreciate...
  6. C

Requesting feedback on idea for foam noise dampening on layout

I've built layouts before but it has been a very long time and I'm picking back up work on a "forever" layout. The substructure is built, and solid. I've had an idea about adhering styrofoam boards as the base of the layout, on top of 1/2" plywood then mounting the layout to this. I'm concerned...

Back