Search results

1. D

First rock job :)

Yep. I did go back and brush it with a chip brush, which I think helped some.. However I had planned to cover those spots with plaster anyway... So I still need to put a coat of plaster over the entire thing, so i think i can use this time to cover up those spots. Thank you for the suggestions
  2. D

Thanks guys... Hoping it all works out in the end... like i said, first time... this is just a 5x4 setup, so not big... but big enough to learn on :)
  3. D

Good evening folks.. So my daughter and I have been working on this for a couple weeks now.. Decided to get some rock moulds, and today I started to make rocks and place them. My theory around placement was, place them where the angle is steepest. Shallow slopes can be grassy/dirt, but steep...
  4. D

Larger rock/grass/dirt face... New to forums

I just ended up buying the Woodland Scenics one... I had a bunch of Cap One miles to use :)
  5. D

OK.. ive watched some.. going to buy like 6 molds :) some other stuff etc.. im interested in static grass... i have about 4-5 ft of hillside to do and a lot around town... any suggestions on what to get there? Id like to buy a nice static grass applicator etc too.. btw, thank you all for your...
  6. D

SO with paper towels and plaster, do you just mix the plaster a bit runny, then put the paper towel in, saturate it and then place it? Not going to lie, that sounds like a LOT faster and easier than what I did haha. Guess thats why its my first time .. It does seem like If I want to do some...
  7. D

So I opened up the back of the Foam (the wall side) so I can get behind it and work on it. The track I have for this layout is just EZ track, so i can glue it down, whatever... not a big deal... I may just use some hot glue every 6 inches or so. Ill def check out some vids on that.. Another...
  8. D

Good evening folks... First off, let me say I am brand new to this forum, and brand new to model railroads in general. Ive never tried anything like this before.. Im 42 years old, my daughter is 8, and very craftsy, and artistic. I figured this would be something fun we could do together. So I...

Back