Search results

1. V

Locomotive traction problem

Yes, this is an Austrian-made unit.
  2. V

My Rio Grande has the same crappy decal. I can see air bubbles a little around the edges. My GP40 UP is all pad printed and still looks pretty decent for its age.
  3. V

The gear was loose from the axle and a dab of J-B Weld secured it in place. The "repair" of the cover was was a wee bit "mickey mouse". I drilled and tapped a hole in the plastic where the tab used to be and made a "plate" from a piece of styrene to hold the cover in place. Not pretty to be...
  4. V

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. Got everything working well and the old GP40 is "making the grade"!! It probably went the way of all good pictures with red marks!! Thanks....
  5. V

Great tip!! Comes off easy. Thanks.....
  6. V

You were absolutely right, Mike. Getting to wheels and gears was really a nightmare. I never could get to cover off by messing with clip closest to the motor so I went for the clip on the other end and....sure enough, it broke off. )Luckily I was able to rig up a way to drill and tap a hole and...
  7. V

Did you mean to attach a photo with the thing marked in red?
  8. V

I don't think something this old would be a Proto 2000....but what do I know. Made in Austria, if that means anything. As I begin disassembly, I'm not seeing how to get the truck out of the frame....Any thoughts?
  9. V

Bought this one used so I'm not sure how old it is. Old for sure. I'll give an attempt to take it apart and see what's going on. I wonder if parts are available?
  10. V

One wheel on the axles is solidly connected while the other spins freely. Does that mean the gear is bad? Or is that side of the axle just loose from the gear?
  11. V

Yep, of the 4 axles one wheel on one side isn't solid on the axle. I'll look at it in the next couple of days and see if that fixes my problem. Here's hoping!! Thanks a million for the tip.....
  12. V

I have 3 Atlas GP40 locomotives. Two of them will pull one of my grades with a good string of cars with no problem. My third loco with only a few cars in tow gets to the grade and starts spinning its wheels about halfway up. It seems like there should be no difference between the three but...
  13. V

Trolley Repair??

I tried that a couple of times and got absolutely no response from them. Really disappointing. Such a shame because it's really a good looking unit and we enjoyed the heck out of for three whole weeks. Oh well, let the buyer beware!!
  14. V

Trolley Repair??

The thing is basically brand new. Hasn't been used for more than a couple hours. Wheels are clean as can be. Cleaning them did nothing. Tried it with a couple of different power supplies. It ran very slowly for a couple minutes and then quit entirely. No noise whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that...
  15. V

Trolley Repair??

I have an 027 trolley (Industrial Rail model IDMU 1403) that I used for one Christmas season and then it stop running. I contacted Industrial Rail and they sent me Atlas. Several attempts to contact Atlas were fruitless. I'm not looking for warranty work, I just want to have it repaired. Is...
  16. V

NCE Power + E-Z Command Power Booster???

Holy cow! I just looked at the prices of the E-Z Command booster. $250.....I could almost buy a new house for that!! What are they thinking? Does it do something special?? Maybe I should put it on Ebay and buy an SB5 and some other stuff...but then, who would buy it??!!
  17. V

I am just now redoing my layout and converting to DCC ... finally. I have decided to go with the NCE Power Cab because it looks simple, it does what I want it to do and it's reasonable on the pocket book. In digging around in my stuff I found a brand new E-Z Command power booster and thought...
  18. V

Can I use a Bachmann E-Z Command Power Booster on my layout if I'm using an NCE Power Cab?? Thanks, Van

Back