Search results

1. M

The novice has a question

I'm not ready to start running my layout on a regular basis, but I have a question that many will think "he outta know that" but I don't. Most of the freight cars, box, hopper, and tank are for the most part 50+ years old. I'm adding new as I go along. Most everything has plastic wheels. I...
  2. M

A little update on progress

Hello all, Thanks for your replies to my previous posts. I never have shown the whole layout to give you a better idea of what I'm doing. Hope this helps. As always, replies and suggestions good and negative are welcome.
  3. M

My building progression

Just thought I would show my progression and see if a novice like me is do'in ok
  4. M

Making a little progress

Hello all, it has been a while since I last posted so I thought I would share a few pictures from this novice to see what you think. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Mike
  5. M

Is it possible to change the looks of a river?

Hello all, I'm looking for some information, good or bad because I really don't know the answer. I hope with all of the knowledge here, you can help me. I put in a river on my first full size layout using epoxy etc. I am happy with the looks of it for the most part but I think I can make it...
  6. M

A quick hello from Shep

Hello to all. I have been using this forum for a few weeks now and I can happily say what a great place to be. I am mid 60's, married, children, grandchildren, retired and after 50+ years finally have a place to work on my HO trains. I have alot of the cars and a couple of the engines I...
  7. M

The novice has a question

Has anyone used the electric wench/cable method of raising a 4X8 layout to the garage ceiling? I know I've seen it done on utube but it seems like a better answer would come from this forum with all of the knowledge here. It is a standard ceiling height of 8' and would need to be +/- 16" from...
  8. M

Return of the novice

Thought I would share a couple more pictures. Comments are welcome, pointing out mistakes welcome, suggestions also. I'm starting a new end with a small tunnel leading to future expansion. This is the opposite end of the earlier pictures. The wiring is complete and works great, have to...
  9. M

Caution/Novice at work

Hello all, first time trying to use this part of the forum. Just thought I would try to show a couple of pictures and get any replies, good or bad, all is taken as a learning process. This forum sure seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly spot, glad I found yall.
  10. M

Problem with stalls (from a novice that needs help)

Hello all!! Hopefully you can give me some ideas on how to solve a "minor? problem. This is my first adult layout and I'm doing alot of hit and miss but I will get it!! I have a problem with my engines stopping a my 30 degree X crossing. I have checked the alignment etc and nothing seems to...
  11. M

Well lookie here!!

Found em in a box I bought 15 years ago. Bowser 100350, 4-8-8-4 Big Boy kit, Bowser 100730, 2-10-2 kit, English Yard Bird kit. Anyone interested let me know.:confused:

Back