Search results

1. Pdxglide

Athearn P40 Amtrak HO SCALE parts ?

Hey guys, I'm working on an Athearn Amtrak p40 and I want to change out the stock side mirrors and windshield wipers. Does anybody know or can recommend any companies make good aftermarket wipers and side mirrors for the P40? I've tried googling for them but haven't come up with anything. Any...
  2. Pdxglide

where to find SP warning light/ beacon LED Light

Can somebody recommend a place or brand to find a good warning light beacon for the top of the engine. To be more specific I'm looking for the type Southern Pacific used on there engines that had them. I've i remember correctly they basically had four separate lights under the little dome and...
  3. Pdxglide

Manual switch stand ???

Hey guys I'm going to be building a little prototype HO scale ( 1997 era, portland OR southern pacific) shelf style switching layout and instead of having all the switches hooked up to tortoise machines I want to have the majority of the switches to be hand thrown. So my question is what manual...
  4. Pdxglide

Best track to use for shelf switch layout & roadbed?

I was wanting to get some advice on which track to use for a little 2x8ish switching layout I'll be building. I was thinking about going with micro engineering code 70 for the realistic look. As for the roadbed I was wondering what to use. My last layout I used the new black foam that's out...
  5. Pdxglide

Abandoned interlocking tower

I'm about to start building my second shelf layout, lost my first layout in my breakup with the ex girlfriend. I'm still looking for the right track plan and what industries to use. To stay busy and practice my weathering skills I vandalized this old interlocking tower. This is one of the first...
  6. Pdxglide

Template for designing track plan

Hey guys Ibe been looking around the web for a ho scale track template. I use to have one but can't seem to find it. Does anybody know of a good template to use and where I can find one online? I just ordered a couple of lance mindheims books on shelf layouts based on a few recommendations on...
  7. Pdxglide

Shelf layout input wanted

Hey everyone Im new to the forum and was wanting to get some input on building a shelf layout. I'm currently living in an apartment and want to start working on something I was think something along the measurements of 2x8ish not really sure yet what to do just wanted to see if has any good...

Back