Search results

1. S

Been A While--Heres What Im working On

havent been on here for a while. Building an 18 hole golf course on my layout. Theres tracks but trains dont run, I care 99% about building scenery and 1% about the trains I figure it will be April until I reach a point where I am somewhat satisfied with the layout, been at it for 3 years now.
  2. S

Working on Layout Again

didnt touch it from April to November,...back on it now,....my first layout ever,.....heres some pics from progress (slow progress :p )
  3. S

Took The Summer Off

didnt even look at the train set from April to a few days ago. Back at it hard now that the snow is flying. Looking forward to picking up some good ideas from here
  4. S

Go Easy On Me

first ever layout Ive worked on in my life. Will be based on Rocky Mountains between Jasper and Vancouver
  5. S

Lake Question

I built a pretty fair sized lake. Im curious what color(s) are generally used for the bottom of a lake of varying depths thanks
  6. S

Via Rail in Rocky Mountains Question

I am brand brand new to this. My goal is to build a layout based on modern Via Rail travel through the Rocky Mountains from Jasper to Vancouver. What is the design/paint of the most modern up to date Via Rail engine and cars. Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks
  7. S

First Ever Wiring Question

So on a layout that is say 16 x 6, lets say a double oval for example sakes. Does the wire originate at the power box and then you run 1 continuous wire around the whole track splicing it off ever 18 inches and soldering it to the track? Geez I hope I asked that properly. I ask this for the...
  8. S

OK First Question Out of the Gate

Im brand brand new to this. I got an HO scale set with a jillion feet of brass rail, 2 engines and 8 cars, and some useless powerbox that says life like and is blue. I| like the brass rail, its kinda cool, and Im keeping it. Im more interested in scenery and layout than sounds and lots of cars...
  9. S

Oh SO New

48 years old and first model railroad. HO scale, a TON of track, 2 engines and 8 cars and a powerbox that doesnt work. My main goal is to build a layout concentrating on the scenery aspect. Im not much into different trains going at once or all the sounds, I just want it to look good. My concept...

Back