Search results

1. M

Roco Track Please See my You Tube Video.

Hi guys, I've begun planning on my model railroad and village and it's really fun, but I need to know, is Roco Track Still Available. Yes I can get it used from ebay, but is there a reliable source where I can buy it new or is it discontinued, this is a problem, because I haven't committed to a...
  2. M

The Wreck of the Penn Central

Any of you guys read the book The Wreck of the Penn Central? I'm about 100 something pages into it and it is quiet the story. I'm more into the business of railroading and I'm just wondering if any of you guys read that book and what you think of the whole thing? -Mike
  3. M

Conrail Rolling Stock

Hey Everyone, Lately I've been back on the wagon (had a slower end of the winter, because I was switching jobs and I'll tell you what switching jobs can be a drag beyond comprehension at time.) Any how I have a question about Conrail Box Cars, is there a web site or somewhere that talks about...
  4. M

I love it it's great

Today I bought for $55.00 this 1980s Athearn B&O DD40X. I know your thinking "The B&O didn't have any DD40X locomotives." You're right they didn't. In fact I said to the guy "The DD40X was a Union Pacific Locomotive." He goes "Yeah I know, but in the 1980s they just made, locomotives in any...
  5. M

Where can I buy rolling stock sets?

Hi guys, I added an ethanol plant on to my layout and I would like to know, where can I buy you know like 3-6 ethanol tankers at once and 3-6 covered corn hoppers at once? I hate to just buy one tank car at a time that doesn't make a whole lot of sense especially because who get's one tank...
  6. M

The railroad construction might get delayed

Oh it's sad, but it's going to happen, switching careers here, and probably going to be leaving the private sector and going into the public sector. My private sector job pays much much better then the job I would be switching to in the public sector, but my public sector job is a job I can...
  7. M

Beer Trucks/Decales

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about changing my layout plans now and adding another beverage distributor business to my layout. That being said Athearn has a very nice, but discontinued selection of Ford C trucks that are side loader beer trucks, but I can't get them anymore. Anyhow, anyone...
  8. M

Videos on how to install Kaydee Couplers

Do you guys know of any good videos that show how to instal Kaydee Couplers on an Athearn Locomotive? I have one right now that I need to instal the couplers on and I'm not seeing how it's supposed to come together. I see how to instal them on the cars that's not to awful hard, but the...
  9. M

Transformers

Yesterday I was running my trains and now and then I don't know what it is, but the transformer would get hot maybe and the train would stop running. Do any of you know what that's about? Also what kind of transformer do you guys like, you know something that puts a little bit of juice on the track.
  10. M

Rolling Stock Conversion Phase 1

So this morning I went down to the hobby shop to get the ball rolling on my coupler conversions. I'm converting over to Kadee couplers. From, now on I'm going to try and buy rolling stock with Kadee Couplers already same with power. However I got maybe 20-30 cars and 5-6 locomotives that need...
  11. M

First Time Running a Train in 10 years

So today was the first time in a decade that I actually got to run an HO scale train. I went to the train show in Dalton, Ohio today bought some cars and some locomotives and then, found some really nice connecta track with wire and a transformer and everything and paid the man $50.00 for all of...
  12. M

I think somewhere I'm going to have to loop it

So I spent the morning drawing my layout on paper and basically I've decided that my layout is running from a fictional place somewhere in Chicagoland, all the way to Cleveland, Ohio or Pittsburgh, PA. It's getting pretty big and is pages and pages ha-ha! I'd don't know what's going to happen...
  13. M

Speaking of giving into temptation

Hi everyone, so today I returned to work, I had a personal day yesterday and I had a day where my plate was pretty full 459 cases 14 kegs and 24 stops. Anyhow the loads are starting to get heavier now which means more money in my pocket, also means more time at work and longer days and what have...
  14. M

Big Weekend

Hi guys, So this weekend I had a big weekend, went to 2 train shows back to back. Bought a ton of rolling stock. Today I bought 5 locomotives. The era I am modeling is 1980-1998. That's a pretty broad brush I know. Any how I also have assembled my first 3 major industries. Saturday I built...
  15. M

Newer Cars, Trucks and Buses

Hi guys, I'm wondering does anyone know where I can get Greyhound Buses HO scale that are not 1950's Era? My railroad is late 1980s- late 1990s right before NS Conrail Merger. I have a couple Conrail Locomotives, 1 Cheesie Locomotive a Burlington Northern Locomotive a CSX SD40-2 and an L&N...
  16. M

Hi everyone

Hi guys and gals, My name is Mike, I'm a truck driver in Northeast, Ohio for a beer distribution company. I'm working on putting an HO scale layout together. I had one years ago 11+ years ago,but took it down and now I am ramping up to build another one, this time much better then the one I...
  17. M

Are their any G-Scale GE Locomotives?

Hi everyone, My name is Mike and I am new to this...kind of I had an HO layout 10+ years ago and it has since been taken down, but I would like to get back into this whole thing, in sometime, I just got bumped up in pay grades at work, so that should help move things along, but more on that...

Back