Search results

1. N

Cut Stone styrene sheets

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. That might do the trick.
  2. N

Cut Stone styrene sheets

I have searched but have had no luck in finding sheets of Cut Stone Wall material in HO scale such as that used in the Walthets Union Station model. Does anyone know of a supplier? Thanks in advance.
  3. N

Outland Models

Does anyone use Outland Models snap-together structures? I saw them advertised on eBay after buying a Russell Snow Plow kit and they look interesting. Not a lot of detail from what I could tell but inexpensive and perhaps useful in backgrounds or as a base for a kitbash. Any information...
  4. N

WPF November 5-11

Thanks, I am looking to replicate something similar with Boston's North Station as the subject, but no commercially available scenes available for the perspective I need. Looks like I am going to have to do some actual....work....
  5. N

WPF November 5-11

Gary, May I ask where you got the backdrops for the Union Station scene? Charlie
  6. N

Hide glue to lay track

Why not use double sided tape?
  7. N

How in the world do I assemble these????

Can I ask how many times you tried putting them together BEFORE you looked for instructions?? :D
  8. N

HO rapid transit tracks n stations

You say that you have been to Chicago, while there did you goto the Museum of Transportation and Technology? Their model train layout is phenomenal and they have a downtown Ell section that is really great. There are a lot of videos online - do a search of The Great Train Story and you'll find...
  9. N

MBTA Project Complete!!!!!

Great Job. May I ask, is that all paint, decals, or a combination of both?
  10. N

Should I build it?

Your first child and you estimate a gap measured in days?? :) BAAAahahaha.... oh man.....hahaha.... stop!..... Uncle!.....hahahaha..... Oh....man..... wheww...! Days...... lol!!
  11. N

The weekend expansion project.

Great Job on the control panel. The only suggestion I have for anyone else doing this is; instead of tracing the plan off of the screen/taping to a window, ect... is to use the Print Screen function, go to 'Paint', choose "Paste" and print that out.
  12. N

post your model RR tips........

Before I use a tube or bottle of cyanoacrylate, I spray the inside of the cap with mold release or silicone spray, and then shake out the excess. This keeps the screw on top from getting glued on to the applicator.
  13. N

Ok here goes!

Does anyone know what month/year this layout was featured?
  14. N

what train is this?

I am wondering if the OP ever got this off the ground?
  15. N

Ok here goes!

Hi, I'm replying here to keep this thread alive, check on the OP's progress and ask a couple of questions. LRV/trolley Just before Christmas this year I purchased a Boeing LRV from eBay. It runs ok, but is painted in the San Francisco colors. Question 1 is regarding re-painting. Should I...
  16. N

HO Scale LRV?

A little surfing and I answer my own question: Boeing LRV Trolley SFMR Powered No.5302-03 Non-Powered No.5302-03D Now to find one locally that isn't deemed a collector$ item and I'll be on my way.
  17. N

HO Scale LRV?

Merry Christmas all. I finally got to open my LRV and power it up, it runs fine. Does anyone know if Mehano produced dummy units?
  18. N

HO Scale LRV?

Hi, I'm a new member and would like to revive this string, rather than start a new one. I am in the beginning stages of restarting the hobby, and am beginning small with a small, simple Christmas display of some sort. For part of the display, I just bought an HO LRV of the kind used on...

Back