Search results

1. F

Painting/Weathering Walthers Elevator

just picked up the valley growers elevator from Walthers. Was really wanting to paint and weather the corrugated look realistically. Any advice, tips, pics of yours, or links to other threads/sites where people have done this and explained techniques??? Thanks guys!
  2. F

Florida scenery-Tree troubles

Hey guys, So, as the title indicates I am modeling a Florida gulf coast model railroad. Throughout the layout I am looking at using Florida specific tree species. I am modeling a salt marsh area, and also a flat-woods area on my layout, which I think would be a unique challenge, and it is...
  3. F

Layout design

Any tips, advice, better ideas? I've mest around around alot and think this works ok(underlined) for my small space for which I want to do too much lol
  4. F

Layout height???

Just curious how high( floor to top of layout table) you guys's layouts are??? Just finished my table ( wrap around the room, 3 ft from bottom to top of table) and it seems low, I am also 6'2" so that doesn't help anyways, Just curious!
  5. F

Walthers Railroad Shop-Cornerstone Weathering

So, I have purchased the railroad shop kit and have little experience. I am wondering if you guys could share some methods to weathering/painting the kit, particularly the brick siding in order to make the building look more realistic and less plastic. I have found one article on model...
  6. F

Newbie-Layout

Well, as indicated in the title I am new at this. I have been playing with trains since I was young, my father had HO track, a couple engines, and some rolling stock from when he had a layout in his younger years. So, I have decided to build a dedicated layout for the first time.....I have a...
  7. F

Railyard structures-Have to's

Hello guys, Well I am a newbie and am working on my first layout. Have HO trains and lots of track that was my fathers when he was younger and I am attempting my first real layout which has always been a dream of mine. I have my layout design pretty much completed with anyrail. Anyways, my...

Back