Search results

1. R

Childhood Dream Layout

I dont know who to have take a look at the ZW, I know it is old, I cant find any info on the 250 watt system other than the fact it was only available for 2 years or so then they went to 275. It was my grandfathers pride and joy, and I want to keep that alive with my 4 kids. My youngest is...
  2. R

Childhood Dream Layout

I am just a bit concerned, not entirely familiar with pre/post war lionels, I will eventually get my grandfathers trains, including a beautiful pre war 4-6-4 Hudson, and a few post war steamers. The will not see much use, but I would love to give them a go. I know my current set wont power...
  3. R

Childhood Dream Layout

I am very worried about a derailment in the entryway, Only place it is not fully protected, and I can guarntee if it goes it will go there. Last I checked Loinel locos and cars dont do well in freefall
  4. R

Help on a new O build.

I already got a thread in the construction forum, but I figured I would throw it to you all I have decided to build my childhood dream layout, got me a Lionel Alaska Railroad GP7 set. Now I am trying to decide Suspended Ceiling train style or shelf style. it will be going around a 14'x22' room...
  5. R

Childhood Dream Layout

I have decided to build my childhood dream layout, got me a Lionel Alaska Railroad GP7 set. Now I am trying to decide Suspended Ceiling train style or shelf style. it will be going around a 14'x22' room with a 6 1/2' open entry way that will have to be bridged, since there is no header, it is...
  6. R

New To The Forum

Hey everyone, New to the boards around here, Been playing with N Gauge, HO gauge, and the real deal for over 20 years. Never really scale modeled, Worked in a Railyard driving the real locos in cab and by remote, and repairing Rolling Stock. Starting in O /O27 trains.

Back