Search results

1. SlavaK815

Building custom Train Detection -> Signal Board

Hello fellow model railroaders, It took me lots of time to build bench work/roadbed/track/wiring so in the mean time I was thinking about how to make signals work on my future railroad. Eventually I’ve decided to build my own circuit board that will take various sensors inputs and provide...
  2. SlavaK815

Connecting DCC decoder to motor via inductor

I am not an expert in electronic and apologize if this is a dumb question. If I understand correctly DCC decoders use pulse modulation to control motor speed. If I put inductor between decoder and motor I should be able to convers pulse signal into DC on the motor, plus locomotive will get some...
  3. SlavaK815

Circuit Simulation Software

I'd like to build few analog boards for my layout - to turn on/off signals based on routes (will take feed from the tracks of insulfrog turnouts); photo sensors to detect trains and feed them into signal board; shutoff layout if sensor detects train coming with green light off etc. I wanted to...
  4. SlavaK815

Building cork track-bed using cork sheets and router

Hi, I've built my cork track-bed using cork sheets instead of using cork strips. Has anyone tried it? It is easy to build track bed for switches and no need to soak cork and glue individual strips. Because cork material is not bent there is no tension inside, so hopefully it will crack less...
  5. SlavaK815

Single or double track for this 16x11 ft HO layout?

I have a 16x11 ft. room and I’ve already built my benchwork. I’m mostly settled on a layout shape – • I will have two levels in the middle piece to have staging area on the bottom level and yard on the top. • I’ll be modeling Transition/Modern era. • I’ll have duckunders I was initially...
  6. SlavaK815

Raisers - to glue or not to glue?

Hello, Do you use glue when you attach a) raisers to benchwork b) plywood to raisers I am trying do decide for myself whether I should use glue and screws or just screws would be good enough to attach raisers to benchwork and top plywood to the raisers. Obviously with glue there should be...
  7. SlavaK815

Looking for 10x16 ft. HO layout feedback

Looking for 10x16 ft. HO layout feedback from more experienced folks. I’ve been planning HO layout for my bonus room for quite some time and would like to hear what you think about my layout. I am relatively new to the model railroading and would appreciate some good advice so I don’t have to...

Back