Search results

1. B

trying to decide on If I should switch to On30

Not that I haven't looked into Gn18, I think it be just a little to much for me. at least for now. Maybe down the road I might. Lol, On17 well thats an Interesting idea, but Think I am going to stick with something a little more mainstream lol..
  2. B

Don't I know it lol.. But I figured I get on here and just hear other Opinions, does help to make that decision even if I do argue one way or another. I think i am still leaning Ho scale. with the Ability to convert to On30 if I so Choose. But what I plan on doing is building a 3x6 layout that...
  3. B

I am a perfectionist. And it is hard for me to break free of doing it one way for another. I know that no one can tell me which to do Ho or On30. its my choice. But it hard to because I think for me Ho has always been need ing to be as prototypical as possible or it wont be believable. and...
  4. B

That is true, but at same time even in O scale and G scale, you have those who try to create a believeable prototype. You mention Thomas the tank engine. well Again there is a Prototype for it. even though it is a fantasy toy engine. it became a proto, so maybe thats the first time the proto...
  5. B

Nice looking critter. good work.
  6. B

Hey Dan Yeah I already know all about the size differences. In fact its what draws me to 0n30. Bigger details in a same space as Ho scale. But What I am not sold on is this. (hopefully I can expalin it properly) Why Doesn't anyone do in Ho standard gauge what On30 does. for example. Take the...
  7. B

Yeah I Do alot of scratch building the same type of structures in Ho scale, so the size and detail issues are certianly a plus I find, as far as it being easy on the eyes I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to imperfections lol.. I can be a perfectionist at times. I...
  8. B

Hello. So I am debating on what my new layout will be. What I enjoy most in the hobby is scratch building structures out of wood. and wood kits. I Have a modern switching layout that i use for my modern desiels and rolling stock. While it scratches the itch of things modern. It doesn't really...
  9. B

Corrugated Cardboard how or would You use it?

I don't stress about humidity its not a problem inside. I still running my a/c because I like a certian temp in my house. and after heat stroke twice in my life. Anything above a certian temputare becomes way to hard to tolerate. It's why I hate living in the south.
  10. B

I live in Nw GA. But No its not a basement, just small room in my house. I'm still running the A/C right now in december. Humidy inside my place is relatively steady throughout the year.
  11. B

I think one of the biggest issues, I see when it comes to using it, and this goes as well to the smell issue, how is it being used? if it is getting wet or getting high amounts of moisture constantly, How much air is it getting. if it can't breath, and there is no air exchange then yes it will...
  12. B

Thanks for the reply, I never thought about the smell. However If it is under foam and only used as a filler, I don't see how it would become musty just due to the fact it is locked between other mediums. and any moisture that would get to it would be minimum I would think. But Again I could be...
  13. B

Hey all, So I was wondering, I have 5/8" thick corrugated cardboard, sitting in a shed, they are roughly 4'x4' sheets, I have around 50 or more sheets of this stuff. never truely counted. This stuff is super rigid. This has lead me to think how can I use this for my layout. I just finished my...
  14. B

Need help on switch stand placement.

Yeah the turn out hasn't been used since some time around 1950-1970, the entire spure is only half mile long with 7 costumers on the line at one point or another. it was the B.E&A most profitable section of track on their entire line. I'm pretty sure based on other photos of the area it was...
  15. B

Selector: the problem is, that turn out was used even after the road was paved before pensy took over. from what i understand was that mill street was part of the first roads to be paved in the early 1900s before ww1. so what they do with the switch stand. also the width of the road is 20ft...
  16. B

Where Would the switch stand be on this turnout? It would of been used in the Pennsylvania railroad, last used might of been around the late 50's to early 70s. This line was always a spur and ended maybe less than a 1/4 mile to the right of photo. Now it ends only a few hundred feet since the...
  17. B

Wiring a layout

My programming track will be at my workbench. so I am not to worried about that. But since I only have 1 engine I can program it from the layout for now. I know you don't want to do it with other units on the layout. which i plan to connect my computer to my programming track eventually. I...
  18. B

Wiring a layout

Thanks,
  19. B

Wiring a layout

Thanks I forgot all turnouts are atlas, including the crossing. however the code 70 is micro eng. its all flex track, I only use the snap for the transition. as i didn't want to file down the ends of the turnouts. this way i get a smooth transition. I do plan on soldering the rail joiners, But...
  20. B

Wiring a layout

Hey everyone. So my first time wiring DCC, I am modeling a freelance Industrial spur in Ho scale. layout is 20' long, 18" wide mostly. I will post a pic of my track plan if it lets me. the "mainline" will be code 83, all my sidings will be code 70. I have 1 run around track. to join the code 70...

Back