Search results

1. N

Modeling the NY City Transit "EL" Lines

HELLO "M" -- Thanks for the comments - appreciated. This is my first time back here since 2019. I have a few websites I daily maintain - plus ongoing modeling projects. I am a retired musician (pianist) worked as such regularly for for 40 years or so - am retired from it since 2010. All my...
  2. N

Hello Sir (fold a lot) THANKS for the nice comments. I managed an O Scale Magazine (O Scale News) for 18 months -- was an Editor / Columnist for Electric Lines Magazine, and wrote numerous articles for traction modeling magazines -- have been a writer all my life (and photographer among...
  3. N

Kong is out to dinner at Hongs' Chinese Restaurant -
  4. N

Some of my HO Scale Mainline New Haven Railroad Passenger Trains -- I customized some of these cars with additional logos where required and some partial repainting where prototypical required... it was not uncommon for a Pennsy Diesel to haul a New Haven RR long distance -Boston MA., to...
  5. N

Who all loves Traction, be it city trolleys or country Interurbans

Hello again Tootnkumin Well, you have one point there --- but I do NEED to clean the track rails periodically -- both trolley track and elevated tracks. Using a solvent cleaner and small throw away rag or strong tissue on the EL tracks and yard tracks --- for the trolley track I use a diesel...
  6. N

Hello Mike Glad you like them --- its a LOT of work and skill and time-effort to create all of that ! The OERM -- I have seen many photos of that great traction Museum --I think OERM is the one which has the 2 ex-Manhattan EL Gate cars restored (but with roof pantographs needed for trolley...
  7. N

Tony -- that was quick -- you ALSO a LATE OWL !!?? --- like me. Too many decades of my working nights is my excuse... regards - Joe F
  8. N

Hello again Tony ! (staff member) Thank you for the support and honesty. I spent part of a large part of Saturday going thru this thread carefully and re-installing the missing photos (with added improvements and captions for many) -- so this thread will now again be whole and make some...
  9. N

Hello Guys Well, I model New York City streetcars (trolleys) in O-Scale - but NY City has not had trolleys since mid-April 1957 -- the sole Queensboro (aka 59th Street) bridge Trolley route between 2nd Ave., Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza on the other (eastern) side of the bridge. The last...
  10. N

Hello Tony ! Thanks again for your candid and honest comments and appraisal of the situation. I noted that it was only on this "Showing Off" Discussion section that my then-Thread posted there was where my photos were compromised, removed, by "a moderator". It was not done, that I can see...
  11. N

Hello Tony (Staff member) Thank you very much for the very fast reply -- I also sent a "report" using that mode on one of my messages with the photos removed. I was sent an email by a reader who was reviewing this (yeah, its 6 years old already) thread recently -- and who is interested in the...
  12. N

July 5, 2018 --- U P D A T E WHAT HAPPENED to all the photos I posted on this thread ??? Many are all gone - most notably on messages I posted showing "last edited by a moderator"... What is the purpose of providing photo captions for photos that are removed "without reason or permission...
  13. N

HO rapid transit tracks n stations

Hello State Lake Don't know if you are still on board in this forum here, or still in the hobby, since back in 2009, but here is a current reply to this old thread, from me. The "geocities" website link to "kid at 50" 's Chicago CTA Ho Scale EL Layout webpage, is long dead. Here is the...
  14. N

Modeling big City Transit (Elevated Lines & Trolleys)

Hello fellow Modelers ! I model NY City Elevated and Subway Trains in 2-Rail O-SCALE running on fully hand built NYC prototype scale Elevated structures - along with streetcars running below the EL. The streetcars run opn the overhead trolley wire but the streetcar tracks have "changeover"...
  15. N

Modeling big City Transit (Elevated Lines & Trolleys)

Hello O-Scalers I model NY City Elevated and Subway Trains in 2-Rail O-SCALE running on fully hand built NYC prototype scale Elevated structures - along with streetcars running below the EL. The streetcars run opn the overhead trolley wire but the streetcar tracks have "changeover" toggles on...
  16. N

Let's see your police/fire scenes

Philadelphia PA (model) Police with Trolley scenes Hello ALL again -- Here are additional scenes in the sequence of being shot to go along with the first 4 photos I submitted. I hope some of you viewers enjoy my scenes ! All my trolleys run on overhead live trolley wire ! Regards - Joe F
  17. N

Let's see your police/fire scenes

Philadelphia PA (model) Police with Trolley scenes Hello All -- I have shot some scenes on my O Scale Trolley Layout near my overhead O Scale (2 Rail scale) Elevated Train Line system - showing scenes modeling Philadelphia Police apprehending a burglary suspect by a Philadelphia (SEPTA)...
  18. N

Hello again Montanan Well, glad you liked those heh, "helicopter" type vantage views of my layout and train room. As I sometime earlier stated, the fine details of the layout and cityscape are lost in such type high-overhead views. j Just as in viewing the prototype from a plane or...
  19. N

Hello Doug C Thanks for the interesting nostalgia reply ! I can imagine your fear as a kid as you related at the train terminal. My first experience in the huge and back then, dark and dank Grand Central Terminal lower level platforms of the N Y Central RR goes back to about 1948 or so. On...
  20. N

Hello again Montanan -- Here are two more images as promised earlier, these looking along the entire O Scale NY EL layout from the opposite end of the train room, from east to west. You can compare all these views to the color-coded Layout Track Map drawing IMAGE I also provided you on an...

Back