Search results

1. G

Trains Magazine Special Issue "Train Wrecks Vol 1

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them. Eric
  2. G

Trains Magazine Special Issue "Train Wrecks Vol 1

Good morning, This last summer has proven to be especially hard on my old house with lots of heavy rain and high winds. I had some major damage to my roof and lots of water damage. This resulted in the loss of my original special issue of "Train Wrecks" by Trains Magazine. The First one to come...
  3. G

Tilting cars

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  4. G

Tilting cars

Thanks for everyone's helpful input. The trucks have not been altered in any way. They are BLI plastic truck frame with metal wheel sets. I checked the trucks for free movement but made sure they were not to loose. The cars are BLI 3-bay hopper cars. The body and frame are one piece molded...
  5. G

Tilting cars

I've been noticing lately that a fair number of my rolling stock rides with the body of the car tilted to one side. This is very evident when you look at the end of the car in relation to the trucks. My sub-roadbed, roadbed and track are all level. I thought maybe the holes for mounting the...
  6. G

Custom Diesel painting

I purchased what I was told were new, unused Proto 2000 Great Northern E7 Locos on ebay. When I opened the boxes at home it turns out they were undecorated models that someone tried to paint in GN Pullman green and orange livery. The engines don't look half bad, but the paint job is very rough...
  7. G

Athearn Genesis F7 AB units ( DC mode )

Historical Societies, Intermountain, and Railroading. Good evening everyone. In response to Iornhorse's post, I belong to both The NP and The GN Historical Societies. They do have a great deal of modeling information on their respective railways. Thats for sure. I have one NP F7 that I bought...
  8. G

Hello gentlemen, I model both the Great Northern and The Northern Pacific. Today a I purchased A Proto 2000 DCC/W Sound GN AB unit for 425.00. Ken I'm jealous......very jealous. Enjoy your engines, Intermountain is a very good quality Brand. I spoke with the seller of those NP Genesis DCC Ready...
  9. G

Hello gentlemen, I model both the Great Northern and The Northern Pacific. Today a I purchased A Proto 2000 DCC/W Sound GN AB unit for 425.00. Ken I'm jealous......very jealous. Enjoy your engines, Intermountain is a very good quality Brand. I spoke with the seller of those NP Genesis DCC Ready...
  10. G

taking apart a 2-8-2

Have you tried talking to Athearn. They have a very good tech dept and should be willing to send you instructions for shell and chassis disassembly. I don't own any Athearn steam locos so I can't give you a path to follow except to just keep looking the engine over for any type of fastening...
  11. G

This seller has not agreed to my price of 385.00. But now there are two more listings of NP Passenger AB units. One set is an F9 and the other one an F7. Both of those sellers are asking considerably less and the Engines are new gnbuilder
  12. G

Thanks for the help. I agree with you guys, I think the price is high also. These engines are in NP's North Coast Limited two-tone green livery and they are very hard to find ( especially new ) I offered the seller 375.00 but he's holding out for all the cocounts. I would make a guess that they...
  13. G

I have found a pair of Athearn Genesis F7 AB units ( no DCC or Sound ) for sale on ebay. The seller wants 450.00 for the pair. These engines were discontinued in 2008 so I'm having a hard time finding out what they orignally sold for. Does anyone have an idea what they were priced at when...

Back