Search results

1. T

Atlas vs Tomar Signal Kits

Could anyone compare the Atlas #236 type G signal kit vs the Tomar H836 type G signal with the logic rail SA-1 signal animator? I know the logic rail uses a photo cell detector & has complete hookup instructions online. Can't find any instructions for the Atlas signal. Just wondering if one is...
  2. T

Newbie Question: hooking up target signal

Just setting up my first model layout. I'd like to purchase a target signal, Atlas #150-235 which can be operated electrically. The description says the jumper wire has an RJ 11 jack. What piece of equipment do I need to hook the signal to that accepts an RJ11 jack? This would be for a stand...
  3. T

Atlas Custom line Turnouts Question

Just getting started on my first model railroad layout. I'm trying to find out what the difference is in Atlas' code 83 turnouts #6, cat# 505 & 506 and their custom line turnouts #6, cat #s 563, 564. I have DCC so want to make sure either will work OK. Thanks.
  4. T

Need Ideas for HO Layout for 5 x 10ft Table

About to embark on building my first HO layout on a 5x10 table featuring mainline operation. Looking for interesting ideas. Would consider a 4x8 layout that I could expand by 25% to fit my table.
  5. T

Power Transformer Recommendation for Atlas turnouts

I just got an NCE power cab system but there are no AC terminals so I need a power transformer to operate Atlas remote turnouts. I found a Miniatronics WT16 with 16vac, 800ma but it says it's for lighting accessories only so I don't know if this will work the turnouts. Can anyone recommend one?
  6. T

HO Coupler Compatibility

I'm just getting back into model railroading after an absence of many years. Are Kadee couplers compatible with other brands of couplers? I will be purchasing rolling stock from a number of different mfrs. like Accurail, Athearn, Bachmann & want to make sure there won't be any issues with...

Back