Search results

1. A

Athearn Blue Box Power/Maintence

Thanks again for all the help and resources guys. I appreciate it.
  2. A

Larry - I was actually misleading, upon taking them out of the box again I noticed the driveshafts are indeed in place. Everything but the engine and flywheels are there. Here are the pics, hope I uploaded them correctly.
  3. A

Thanks guys for the excellent resources. I knew that stuff had to be out there somewhere, I just wasn't finding it. Larry - As for the unit without a motor it is an Alco PA1, everything is intact except the drive shaft. All the gears are in the trucks still intact. It doesn't have...
  4. A

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. Just a little guidance.
  5. A

Hi Guys, I bought a couple of Athearn Blue Box kits at a swap meet, one that had a motor in it and one that didn't. That leaves me two questions. First for the one without a motor (Just missing motor everything else appears in tact) - is there any place to purchase a motor at a reasonable...
  6. A

MTH Berk - Derailing A lot

Ok guys so I took into account all of your advice and really found that it wasn't the turnout causing the problem. Following Selector's recommendation I slowly ran the engine through all areas of the track and found an area, who would have though in a turn :), where one of the main wheels on...
  7. A

MTH Berk - Derailing A lot

So I recently picked up my first steamer, a Berkshire by MTH. It is the Nickel Plate 775 Unit. I haven't had any derailment problems with any engines or stock on my layout but this engine seems to be pretty finnekey when it comes to staying on the rails. My main issue seems to be with the...
  8. A

New DCC Install - Not Working Well

Wayne, Thanks for the response. I think that last night I might have narrowed it down to dirty wheels. I can't quite get the one set of wheels on the track and the other on an alcohol coated rag to work right, but I seem to have made some pretty big headway last night. I think that I had...
  9. A

New DCC Install - Not Working Well

So I decided to start back into model rr again after a decade or so of not doing anything at all. I was quite young when I first did anything, and as an adult am starting new with DCC, new engines and cars. I bought a Zephyr and a DCC Bachman Engine to get started. My layout is 4X16 basically...

Back