Search results

1. R

Directional lighting for DCC train set

Yes, it is a dummy, but it has an 8-pin socket. From what I've looked at, ESU makes a function only decoder (# 52620) with an 8-pin connector, so I'll probably go with that one. I think a lot of the European models have this setup with an 8-pin socket in a dummy that has built in lighting...
  2. R

thanks, good to know. can you recommend the type of 100 ohm resistors that i would need for an 8 pin decoder? a link perhaps? I'm new to all this, so any guidance is much appreciated. thanks!
  3. R

I cant run the set with the powered loco up front, because when I do that, the dummy's lights are on as both the rear and the headlights. I want the dummy to have the rear lights on when the loco is in foward and have the head lights on when the loco is in reverse. So it looks like using a...
  4. R

Ok great, thank you. Do you have any recommendations for a function only decoder? Wasn't aware they even existed until now. Also, how does it work when I will have 2 decoders on one trainset? Can i control both at the same time? will I have to set up a consist? Just unsure as to how it...
  5. R

Hi All, I apologize if this has been covered on this forum, but after a search, I couldn't find the answer I needed. Anyway, here goes. . . After returning to the hobby recently, I bought a couple of trainsets, one being the Bachmann Amtrak Acela Express set in HO. My layout is DCC and I...
  6. R

Rolling Stock for Union Pacific set

excellent points all and thank you. does anyone think this will be less of a problem if I connect a longer rolling stock like a tanker as the first car connected to the loco, then work my way down to shorter stock? Or will the problem persist no matter what?
  7. R

thanks, I checked with Athearn and they did say that the SD70s minimum radius is 18" so I should be ok on that point.
  8. R

Hi All, I'm going to be buying an Athearn Genesis SD70ACE (DCC) Union Pacific loco. Its my first freight loco and i want to create a reasonable modern looking set. Can anyone recommend some rolling stock that I should be getting? I want to do a mix of hoppers, tankers and gondolas, but...
  9. R

Odd issue with my layout

thanks for the help guys. I think I'll try tinkering with the super elevation or running it on 22" radius curves. By the way I'm kinda new to the hobby, and am tryinh to learn all the lingo, so what does HHP mean?
  10. R

Odd issue with my layout

Hi, I have 3 power feeders to the track from an NCE Power Cab, which has 2 amps. One section is connected very close to a feeder as well. I don't think the feeds are mixed up, because my other locos run perfectly fine on the layout
  11. R

Odd issue with my layout

Hi All, So i put together an HO scale DCC 4x8 layout with 2 connecting ovals (22" and 18" radius curves, which are slightly super elevated) and a yard setup in the middle with 3 turnouts. I'm using an NCE Power cab and have the power running with terminal rail joiners to three parts of the...
  12. R

NY Central Passenger coaches for my layout

Thanks, Orange, really good review!
  13. R

Thanks guys, At this point, i think i'll look for the con-cor or Rivarossi to fit my setup.
  14. R

Hi All, This is my first post here, looks like a great forum. I've been away from the hobby for many years and am excited to be getting back into it. Anyway, I am currently putting together a small 4X8 HO layout that has two ovals with 22" and 18" radii and just pre-ordered a Broadway...

Back