Search results

1. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Hi guys, I have to apologize for the lack of updates on this project. Real life has reared its ugly head, this time financially. I'm a college student, so I'm perpetually broke, and my associate Nathan is currently unemployed. I hate to do it, but we'll have to place this on hold until one of...
  2. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Popping here for a quick update, things are basically ready to roll, once we get some funding figured out on our end for the resin masters. Not using Shapeways is a bit more expensive, as it turns out. I've also gone ahead and modified the cab windows to be a later production cab rather than...
  3. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

So here's the new plan, because this seems to be the best way to keep things from suffering in the quality department: We are going to print a cab from another source to use as a master, and have them cast in resin. We will be taking preorders when the time comes, details will follow then...
  4. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

I can do that, but first I'm working with shapeways to see what can be done about quality. I'm disappointed with most of the quality here, but the number board/headlight housing piece came out great, so I'm very curious as to why the rest didn't. There are a few options to try next for dealing...
  5. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

It's here! Unfortunately, I have some changes to make before production starts. That and doing the Athearn version still. Don't worry, we'll get there!
  6. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

I'm thinking about that and some other Seaboard stuff. Why, I don't know, because I don't personally need it, but I guess I just think it's cool. Nathan and I have already planned our next project we'll be doing as soon as these cabs are ready to roll, and it should have pretty widespread use.
  7. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

The Athearn version should be ready soon.
  8. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Few small additions to the above post: the finished cabs should cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $25, and I'll probably scale it down to N eventually.
  9. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Well, it's that time again! I'm proud to show you this picture of the completed cab: We will be ordering one this week, and making sure it meets all requirements before opening them up to sales. This version will accept Kato window glass, but it will need to be snipped in a few areas to...
  10. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Yes, that was the plan.
  11. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

We're going to have these 3D printed in plastic.
  12. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

It's getting there, will just need to do windows, doors, and headlight next.
  13. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

I'm modeling in 3DS Max. Not the best program to use for stuff like this, but I know it and use it for other purposes so it works. Updated screenshots to come later.
  14. H

Hi-Cube Hobbies

Hey everybody, I'm the guy modeling this stuff. Thought I'd show my progress on the admiral cab:

Back