Search results

1. Adelie

Starting in N

I'll second the recommendations ATSFCliff made. Those certainly are not the lower end of the price scale, but the reliability makes up for it.
  2. Adelie

TWO Posts in ONE! Photos and Critique this Trackplan!

Geez, youse guys sound like that other board. Change it, we don't like it. Wait, why did you change it, I like the old one better! :rolleyes: Seriously, it should be fun either way. I think I like the old one, too. It is simpler. I tend to favor cleaner designs. Brakie can correct...
  3. Adelie

Meltdown in Milwaukee

I spent part of a boring workday trying to reason with the lot of them on two of those threads. The entire time, I was thinking of my high school baseball coach. When we would start playing like the Three Stooges out there, he would stand up and yell "act like you've done this before." He...
  4. Adelie

N & HO Vehicles

I buy mostly from a handful of online vendors, too, Larry. The closest hobby shop to me with a credible trains selection is about 40 miles away, and he hasn't done a lot in the last year to "wow" me into making the trek. My comment about Wal-Mart's participation being the final straw for LHS...
  5. Adelie

N & HO Vehicles

I'm with the others on this. The something they might do is ignore it unless somehow they were convinced they could turn money using their shelf space on model railroad compatible inventory than on alternatives. But that is unlikely since there is not a huge some of money to be made for them...
  6. Adelie

They're Baaaaaaccckkk.

I reregistered and poked around a little over there. The changes are more good than bad, I think. But as usual, whether or not it is worth the time depends on who is on at the time and the major threads.
  7. Adelie

Distinctly Southern Pacific?

I've seen a number of pictures of the yard near San Francisco, and I even saw the site up close, including what was left of an abandoned roundhouse, when I lived out that way. Those pictures stick with me. Unfortunately, it is not a Horseshoe Curve, hanging bridge or Raton Pass. Otherwise...
  8. Adelie

PRR Passenger Interior Decor

Looks like there may be something similar in Strasburg: http://www.rrmuseumpa.org/about/roster/passrostr.htm I'm eyeing up #1006 near the bottom of the page. Whether or not you can actually get inside of it might be another question.
  9. Adelie

PRR Passenger Interior Decor

As much research material as I have on the PRR, all the pictures of passenger car interiors are in black and white! Anybody know if they have one on the rails in either Strasburg or Altoona?
  10. Adelie

Welcome MRers...

Well, now that I have a few minutes to goof off at work I've joined your ranks.

Back