Search results

1. Z

Why is there a web in the rail?

I'm sure there is some super uber technical reason but I have not seen it yet. Even wikipidia is no help! :( For no logical reason I really want to understand!
  2. Z

Any one use wood for roadbed? Not sub roadbed

I am getting ready to hand lay some rail and need a roadbed. I can only get Homasote by going over the border into the U.S. I have heard of people using wood for a roadbed for hand laid rails. Anyone know anything about this?
  3. Z

How to make parallel track with Atlas code 100 turnouts?

I am making a track plan using Atlas code 100 snap track. How do I make a parallel passing track with the turnouts?
  4. Z

What is this structure?

I was looking at Bar Mills website and saw the Raquette Lake Navigation company structure. Can someone please tell me about it? How was the prototype used? I googled it and couldn't find anything!
  5. Z

Real branch in layout building

The texture is great, looks awesome even from 3 - 4 feet away. Main problem is it's way over sized for HO scale though. :D I sure am lucky it didn't hit the layout or do any real damage to any models.
  6. Z

My first scratchbuilt sturcture

Based on the Scratchbuilder's Corner column Jan, 2013 in Railroad Model Craftsman. So now I have my first board on board scratchbuilt wooden door! :) Yup those are HO scale 1 x 4s! :)
  7. Z

How big would you go?

How big a layout would you build if time, money, and space where no issue? And remember with unlimited money hiring people to help build is no issue. So how big would you go? Would you like to keep down to a size you could manage it yourself? Or would you go huge and hire a dozen people? Or...
  8. Z

Baggage car build

This is the first wood rolling stock kit I am doing in HO scale. It is a Le Belle Woodworking Company kit of a open platform baggage car.
  9. Z

I love building kits!

Hey all! I'm Wil from Dunnville, Ontario, Canada. I have been in the hobby a few years now. Started in N scale, transition era. Found I like building kits and wanted more detailing possibilities like interiors in the building. Also I found I prefer steam locomotives and they look better in...

Back