Search results

1. T

Fast Tracks- Worth the money?

I am building a new layout and will be needing at least 15 turnouts and was wondering about the Fast Tracks Jig for building my own. What are your opinions on using them, is it good investment? Thanks, Mike
  2. T

Looking for info on Walthers Glacier Gravel Co.

Hello all. I have been gone for a few months due to a computer crash. I am wondering about how much room I would need to set up the Glacier Gravel Co? I would like to build a rock quarry on the new layout I am planning and would like to set aside a place for it. Has anyone got one on there...
  3. T

Need some help with new layout plan

Good evening all. I am in the position that I might be able to start a new layout after the first of the year and would like to have your comments. Below is a diagram of the room I will be getting. It is the upstairs portion of my house, and is fully insulated and sheetrocked. As you can...
  4. T

Problems on downhill grade

I got my second P2K GP38-2 this morning and installed the couplers and broke it in. I hooked the two locos (They are idenical twins) together and they pull great on flat ground and going up my 2.5% grade. Now my problem...going down hill the locos will speed up then slow down to nearly a dead...
  5. T

Burlington Northern boxcars

I have ordered a BN P2K, and am looking for some rolling stock to go with it. Man I cannot find very much at all. Found some in the $30.00 each price range, but donnot want to give that for a boxcar, I didn't know BN was so hard to find, I find a lot of BNSF, but I dont think that would be right...
  6. T

Ordered new P2K

Yesterday I ordered a new P2K GP38-2 with BN paint and would like to know a few things about it befor it comes it (maybe next Friday or Saturday) For those of you that have them, do you think it will pull 18 - 20 car train up a 2.5% grade ok? Do I need to lube it or will it be ok to just break...
  7. T

Need advice on buying new loco

I am not sure if this is the place for this question, if not I'm sure someone will let me know. I am looking to buy a new loco and am leaning twards a P2K from the internet. I do not know if they are DCC ready or just DC the adds do not say. I would like to have DCC ready with bright white LED...
  8. T

new guy with some pics

I am new here and would like to post some pics if I can and see what you all think This is the new lumber yard Some of the stock for sale (more to be delivered) The lumber shed. I would like your opinions, would you like me to post more sometimes or not...
  9. T

New to this forum

Hello all, I have been on another forum for a while and thought I would try this one. I am from a small town in SW Okla. and have a small to medium size HO layout in my "Train Room'' Just wanted to see how this forum works. Mike

Back