Search results

1. B

some pictures from my Dioramas

I like the lighting effects. Looks like a real outdoor scene. What lighting are you using if I may ask?
  2. B

cleaning wheels

On many diesel locomotives, There is the peice that looks like the springs and brake assembly which is snapped onto the sides of the wheel trucks. If you CAREFULLY pull them off with a small screwdriver, you can get to the wheels for cleaning. Take gentle care of the pins that snap it in...
  3. B

You've Got To Be Kidding!

I agree. Pay Pal is a pain pal. I did get the Pay Pay credit card. (had to) It seems that Ebay isn't accepted by many bank issued cards. I use Ebay for the "can't find anywhere else items"
  4. B

Jerome's Switcher Roster

Nice collection! Please pass the Fairbanks-Morse please? :-)
  5. B

A new adventure

Holy Cow, You can put your layout in a suitcase and take it on vacation with you if you wanted.
  6. B

Layout Road Names, etc.

Can't hurt to add music. Alot of times I'll play 60's and 70's era music that matches my layout's era.
  7. B

They say to start small.

Creating an illusion helps I have a 4x8 layout for starters. When I designed it, I wanted to create the illusion that it looked alot bigger through some structural "tricks" I added tunnels at the curves which hides the tight turning radiuses. making it seem bigger than it is. Also I...
  8. B

Do you guys ever tally up total cost of your layout?

Spending alot of money on the hobby you love?....Priceless I'm actually afraid to tally it all up. I've only been back a year and already it's over a thousand I guess. Money well spent though and my only regret is that I couldn't spend more! ... Sam
  9. B

How did you decide on your Road/Theme?

I travel through North Jersey quite a bit. Through Newark. It may do your heart good to know that I've seen many Chicago & Northwest Geeps still working hard up there.
  10. B

How did you decide on your Road/Theme?

Having the B&O freight line less than a football field away made it easy for me. But I can understand if people aren't sure which line to model. Especially if you didn't have a railroad all that near.
  11. B

Choosing an idea for a layout

Kyle, It took me 6 months to figure out my track layout and I'm sure that was minimal compared to others. I went through a million rail joiners. My 4x8 layout is all but finished and now I'm dreaming up my next "bigger" project. You can do an awful lot with N guage. Beauty of this...
  12. B

Hello Everyone

I'm just getting started here and it seems like alot of fun and good information. Bear with me as I try to get the hang of this. I've dabbled with the hobby in the past but now I'm totally hooked. I'm doing HO scale and like the name suggests I'm a big fan of the B&O. Specifically, 1960's...

Back