Search results

1. W

My progress on small ho layout

For the past 2 years I have tried to get to a point where I like the track layout well enough to start scenery. Well I think I'm close. The total layout is 12' x 8' with a 2'x5' extension. Here are some of the first posted pics of the layout. If anyone has any opinions on changes to the track...
  2. W

Electric gremlins

So I got my layout up, track laid and wired. Soldered the track. Now I notice that I have 2-3 turnouts that some of my longer locomotives stop briefly and then move, almost like they are loosing power. But my shorter sw1500 doesn't have this issue. I have feeders on both ends of the turnout. And...
  3. W

Never see a csx loco on ns track?

I live near and railfan the Harrisburg line in pa. I have seen tons of other railroads locomotives and rolling stock go by, but one I have yet to see is a csx loco go by. Normally I'll see ns with bnsf,cp,up, I even saw some other interesting combinations. Is there any reason it seems like...
  4. W

Confused about peco turnouts

So I have a small 12x8 layout in the works. I have a dcc system and some atlas turnouts and tracks. I need to purchase some curved turnouts and derailer but I don't want complicated wiring. Do I want to purchase the electrofrog, or insulfrogs? Thanks a bunch. Also I'd like to use shinohara...
  5. W

Intermountain es44dc question.

I'm looking at purchasing a new locomotive but I have one huge question about it. Is it dcc ready? Here is the info for it. Intermountain HO 49728-03 GE ES44DC, Norfolk Southern (Primer Gray) #7530 It's for sale at modeltrainstuff.com In the description it says nothing about being dc only...
  6. W

digitrax zephyr mu pairing

I have 2 athearn sd70m-2 that is like to mu consist. One is factory sound and dcc control the other dcc ready that I installed a digitrax decoder. So they run at very different speeds. I looked through my manual and it can't be in English how to fix the.speed of one. How do I match the speed so...
  7. W

ns roadrailer train in ho

I'm looking for a modern roadrailer set prefer ns. I would need the connection to the engine and about 15 trailers. Anyone know where online I can find this. In Ho scale. Thanks
  8. W

ho track plan for 6x10 doughnut

I have a 6x10 doughnut shaped layout that has a pit in the middle for a duck under type layout. All sides are 1.5 foot wide . I build benchwork but now I'm having an issue trying to figure out how to lay out track to make the most of the space. My wants are Double mainline Largest radius...

Back