Search results

1. W

Athearn Genesis HO GP40-2s

Got my second one today. Dcc and sound. They are nice. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. W

Athearn Genesis HO GP40-2s

Picked one up at my local hobby shop 2 days ago and most online and eBay retailers have them. And it's awesome. I have 1 ns dcc and sound and ordered another one from eBay for well under msrp Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. W

My progress on small ho layout

I figured once I put down ground cover if there is any base showing brown isn't as noticeable as the blue. I'll be starting one section in December with ground cover and trees.
  4. W

Painted base brown, sick of the blue plus makes it look a bit better while I work on full scenery.
  5. W

Plans for a new layout

Looks good. Way ahead of my layout. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. W

Thanks guys
  7. W

Added some plexiglass for the track close to the edge, also painted edges black. Something so simple made a huge difference.
  8. W

Quality of Bachmann (non-spectrum) these days?

Bachman is a step down from athearn rye and others. The detail is very poor on Bachman and every loco I have had recently is now a dummy due to the fact the dcc dies. Even the spectrum series is inferior to athearn or inter mountain.
  9. W

I have added some foam for the terrain. It still is far from done but it gives me a idea where things will go.
  10. W

So I have been working on tweaking the track plan so when winter comes I can make some progress on scenery.
  11. W

I'm planning on a re-build

Side note, in your video your steam loco has a diesel sound?
  12. W

Anyone got dummy units?

I have a few dummy units. Most of them are bachmann locos. Not by choice but because they are cheap, broke, pulled gears and motor out. Since they seriously lack detail I will use them to practice on to apply detail parts. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. W

My NC Mainline Running Class 1 Layout in HO

What's the overall dimensions? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. W

I haven't installed any motors yet. I was just testing the track to make sure it's all good to go. I'm thinking most of the switches will be manual. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. W

Thanks for the comments guys. I hoping to keep progressing the layout even as the weather gets nicer.
  16. W

This area is going to be a fuel distribution center. The one near me has an area for offloading ethanol cars shown here. Also have an area for grain unloading I think that's it for now. Thanks guys
  17. W

This area will be a small lake with a bridge This is the interchange with possibility of expansion And this is the small staging yard for now
  18. W

For the past 2 years I have tried to get to a point where I like the track layout well enough to start scenery. Well I think I'm close. The total layout is 12' x 8' with a 2'x5' extension. Here are some of the first posted pics of the layout. If anyone has any opinions on changes to the track...
  19. W

My track is down!!!

To test the layout with some locomotives, you could temporarily hook up wires with alligator clips to the rails to make sure the locomotives make it around the layout good.

Back