Search results

1. JW59HRR

Beginner question

Got a track question. I am hearing code 83 is the better track? Also that nickle is better than steel? How much per piece, I know that depends but as a general rule on a straight and a curve. Also when I do get to a permanent layout I need a guage and are all the connections soldered? I suppose...
  2. JW59HRR

Beginner question

Thanks, really want to avoid "toy train" stuff, looking for starter set. I bought my kids those years ago, cheap couplers and plastic wheels. Nothing ever stayed on the track or coupled, more frustration than fun! Also I don't want any line, I am looking at something more regional or local...
  3. JW59HRR

Beginner question

Oooooppppsss, I almost forgot, is there any particular coupler to look for or stay away from?---John
  4. JW59HRR

Beginner question

Thanks for the help and insight on various locomotive makers. I now have a much better idea of what to look for and what this new high tech jargon means! Is there a starter kit for Athearn or another quality maker? What I am going to do is eventually attempt a layout most likely 4' by 6'. I will...
  5. JW59HRR

Beginner question

Hello to all---I am new to this haven't used a train since my days as a kid back in the early 60's. Back then it was a Lionel 2-6-0 with a coal tender and a red caboose. Anyways I am totally lost as to the new products today. My interests are in HO, looking at modeling a "local" New England...
  6. JW59HRR

Hello

I am fairly new to railroad modeling, haven't done this since I was a kid back in the sixties and got a Lionel steam loco for Christmas. I have known various people who do have have nice layouts mainly in HO. I am looking at HO scale and modeling some of the freight trains of my local New...

Back