Search results

1. Auzzie3801

Hello from Down Under

Tar Bob, No dont have any "Crows" :D on the layout and working on the wiring so there are no "Power" :D issues to the track or lighting. Spose I could put in a Safari Park then could justify some "Lions" :D Better stop doing that hey... :):)
  2. Auzzie3801

Hello from Down Under

We are in Adelaide. Will be doing a detailed post on the layout shortly. Just ironing out a few inherent bugs I have found, abeit only minor ones. As to doing US Railways, well not entirely. I do have a few US of A Loco's and reefers etc but also like Pommy rolling stock as well. Definitly...
  3. Auzzie3801

build masts for a lift bridge in "ho scale"

Lift Bridge. Here is another kit of one I found. Didnt have any details on Scale or who makes them. Maybe some one here can assist. Alan.....
  4. Auzzie3801

Multi-cab wiring

John P: Yes mate you are correct and I do agree with you but, Like I said the system I use ( 1 X Transformer & 2 x Controllers) works for me. Split the layout into the required blocks, cut both tracks and insulate the track ends, wire into the DPDT switch/s. Regards Alan
  5. Auzzie3801

John P: Very nice bridge mate. Incredible detail too. Having deep pockets would be necessary though as you said.
  6. Auzzie3801

Track planning for mainline operation

Like I said it worked for me. You have found something that works for you. So go forth, go to it and nough said...... Love to see the end result of your endevours.. Best regards Alan
  7. Auzzie3801

Hello from Down Under

I reply: Jim from NZ: What is Rugby ??????? Paul B: We are out in Elizabeth and yes Saulisbury is defintily not what you use to know it as. Changed big time. We have been here for some 11 1/2 YEARS. Auzzie Chapter: Why not can only try LOL...... And its great to finnaly find a forum...
  8. Auzzie3801

Multi-cab wiring

Mate yes you do need to isolate "both" rails to achieve what your after and yes DPDT switchs are required. Have the same problems as you in regards to changing to DCC. Now I dont know if you can get a copy or not but I have a book called "HO Primer" written by Linn Westcott (Kalmbach Books)...
  9. Auzzie3801

Track planning for mainline operation

For my initial planning I found and downloaded a free track planning program called: XTrackCAD (4.0.3a) Although it has its limitations, Its a great tool for planning. Again its free and very easy to use and I do believe after my experiences It would assist you greatly. Anyway only my...
  10. Auzzie3801

Hello from Down Under

Hello to all, Only just found this web site. I'm Alan and from Australia. Have just retired permanently and am building my long awaited HO layout. It's an around the wall layout, 20' X 16" and 2' wide Once I get things sorted a little more, I will be definiltly be adding a post or two here in...
  11. Auzzie3801

I am in the process of building one of these in HO Scale. At this stage have only the base which is an: Atlas HO Code 100 Plate Girder Bridge. This afternoon I will be out shopping for the various types of girders I need to make the towers. I have a few HO plastic wheel sets I will be using...

Back