Search results

1. J

What Track Planning Software Do You Use Poll

Thanks to everyone for your help. I have used these sites on a regular basis ever since you let me know about them.
  2. J

Looking for a more detailed GORRE & DAPHETID RR Trackplan.

Andy, thank you for the recommendation. I did join the "yahoo" forum as you had suggested. The other evening, I spent a number of hours just reading a few of the messages that those folks have recently shared. Wow, I was staggered by how much that I learned about the G&D and John Allen (and I...
  3. J

"I bet being there in person was a sight to behold. I have an original print of Westcott's book, and in it I have an original letter from John Allen to *forget his name* personally inviting him to his house and layout." What a wonderful heirloom, D94R.
  4. J

Thanks for the reference, Andy. I intend to begin reviewing that yahoo website very soon. These past few days, I've taken a much closer look at the http://homepage.mac.com/doug56/G&D/ website that Jeff shared. Some of the references that I've found on the "mac.com" website seem to have been...
  5. J

Carey: I can still remember the first time that I saw a spread on the G&D in a "MR" magazine many years ago. I showed the article to Dad, and he knew that layout the moment that he laid eyes on it. He was the first person to explain to me that its name was pronounced "Gory and Defeated"...
  6. J

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I've been through the sites you mentioned. Right now I am working at correlating the .jpg photos on "gdlines.com" with the track plans that I've found. This has been really helpful for me. I've also found some track plans with elevations. I'd like to find more elevation...
  7. J

I'm looking for details on the Gorre and Daphetid "final layout - that being the 3rd one that was destroyed by fire". I'd appreciate any help/direction on where I should be "looking" for others who may wish to discuss this layout on "modelrailroadforums". I've obtained the copywrited track plan...
  8. J

Track

I use XTrkCAD4. It has an option that lets you print out your layout on 8.5" X 11" in any size that you choose. For instance, if you wanted to put your layout (or curve) onto two pieces of paper, then the "print" command gives you that option. This allows one to print out a "scaled drawing...
  9. J

I'm looking for details on the Gorre and Daphetid "final layout - that being the 3rd one that was destroyed by fire". I'd appreciate any help/direction on where I should be "looking" for others who may wish to discuss this layout on "modelrailroadforums". Thank you
  10. J

I failed to state that my ".bmp" drawing source has been from "TrainPlayer" software.
  11. J

I use XTrkCad4. I have also had good luck pulling down ".bmp" drawings with good detail for replicating layouts.
  12. J

Start of my New Camas Prairie Layout.

I would like to see your spreadsheet of N-scale equipment that you have for sale. This is my first time on a message board. How may I contact you privately (so I don't give my e-mail address to everyone?

Back