Search results

1. Jon Grant 4472

Sweethome Alabama on the road again

Interesting modification. Wish I could help with how I did mine, but it's so long ago I've completely forgotten what I did Good luck with the body swap Jon
  2. Jon Grant 4472

A few more photos from the show. I don't usually get the opportunity to photograph the layout from above. The fiddle yards in action, including some of the hurriedly-completed cabooses I knocked together for the show Jon
  3. Jon Grant 4472

Sweethome Alabama was a visitor to Hartlepool Model Railway Show last weekend. Everything went together as intended and the layout worked well throughout the 2-day show. Many favourable comments were received from Joe Public, especially regarding the trees, which is no mean feat for a US-outline...
  4. Jon Grant 4472

New video fopr Sweethome Alabama

I re-edited the footage and added a couple more clips to make the video more 'snappy' and fit the music better http://youtu.be/vUCVIv0o-g4 Jon
  5. Jon Grant 4472

New video fopr Sweethome Alabama

I've just finished shooting, editing and uploading a new video for some runthrough trains on Sweethome Alabama. This time I have set it to the music of a Southampton-based (UK) band called COAST, with part of one of their songs, aptly called 'America' http://youtu.be/TrZ8B_GXLtw I also...
  6. Jon Grant 4472

Recent photos from Sweethome Alabama

A few photos of the latest repaint/sound fitted loco Now for a Southern High Hood GP30 Jon
  7. Jon Grant 4472

No trackplan as of yet, but you do get a reasonable idea of the trackwork from this photo showing the two main boards side by side. Jon
  8. Jon Grant 4472

Sweethome music video (Hotel California)

I've just finished uploading my second music video. This time it's a cover of Eagles 'Hotel California', with all the instruments played by my son Steve. It's a real 'Team Grant' combined effort and even one of the cats (Pushkin) got in on the act. http://youtu.be/QWdoaDb-CqI The other music...
  9. Jon Grant 4472

U18B at Sweethome Alabama

I've put another video up, showing the U18B and another three run-through trains passing through Sweethome http://youtu.be/lX8Uw3Fcovc Jon
  10. Jon Grant 4472

Peco Code 83 Jon
  11. Jon Grant 4472

I've managed to shoot some new video footage for Sweethome Alabama. In this first video, a CSX U18B (detailled Intermountain with factory-fitted sound) passes through Sweethome with a short train. The FDL-8 engine sound is very distinctive http://youtu.be/TK0NBuKl_oo I'm now working...
  12. Jon Grant 4472

A few more photos, this time of Short line locomotives Wiregrass Central GP38 Birmingham Southern GP38-2s Jon
  13. Jon Grant 4472

I finally got the layout back up at New Year, so I thought I'd take some new photos showing areas which are not normally seen from the front of the layout. The subjects are an Intermountain U18B and an Athearn CF7, as yet unweathered or sound-fitted. And one from the front...
  14. Jon Grant 4472

Kato SD40-2 high short hood conversion

I've knocked up the basic Canon hood, using side sheet containing the smaller recess for the brake lever. There's a bit of slop between the hood side and the cab steps/walkway but this can be easily fixed with some thin card inserts. I've also drilled the holes for the grabs and headlight bulbs...
  15. Jon Grant 4472

Kato SD40-2 high short hood conversion

With Sweethome Alabama's first exhibition looming in 6 weeks time, I have been feverishly upgrading some of the locomotives that I want to use on the layout. It's now the turn of the Kato Norfolk Southern SD40-2, which is going from a NW low short hood version, to a SOU high short hood. Here's...
  16. Jon Grant 4472

Norfolk Southern-themed video and photos

Hello all. I've been busy shooting and editing together a video for some Norfolk Southern locals and a few new NS photos. It only seemed fair after spending so long doing so much CSX modelling. The video shows some NS run-throughs and a bit of switching by the Pine Belt Southern B23-7...
  17. Jon Grant 4472

Weathered freight cars for Sweethome Alabama

I started building Sweethome Alabama exactly 2 years ago and have now reached the stage where the trackwork, electrics and scenery are pretty much complete, so much so that I have accepted an invite to attend a Model Railway exhibition in November. I now have to concentrate on detailling and...
  18. Jon Grant 4472

New video at Sweethome Alabama

Following on from some practice with the Helicon Focus software, I decided to spend some more time with the Sony Vegas video editing suite. After what seems like an eternity, I've managed to upload a new video to You Tube this evening. The main subject is the CSX SD35 which just happened to be...
  19. Jon Grant 4472

Computer-aided photos for Sweethome Alabama

A few more practice shots I still have some issues with re-sizing, but that will come with practice Jon
  20. Jon Grant 4472

Computer-aided photos for Sweethome Alabama

I've had a bit more practice with the new software and am finding new capabilities and functions all the time. I also decided to try a photo or two at Sweethome Chicago for comparison purposes. The photos were also cropped and edited using Picasa3. Jon

Back