Search results

1. F

broadway limited baldwin DR-12-8-1500/2 "centipede" any good?

well, its has its first test-run, it runs nice, though the sound is rather loud, so I will need to adjust that a bit. only problem, how, the DCC system I use doesn't support programming CV's. most fun, I can't turn off the sound either, since the system I use has four function buttons, and mute...
  2. F

well, it ended up becoming this one: hasn't been on the tracks yet though, since it arrived today but a bit late on the day.
  3. F

my H0 layout

mostly just reach out for it, the layout has two helices, one on each far end of the layout, which both are open in the middle, so you can stand there, from with I can reach the station tracks for the US model line, Trix Express and the small station in front of the window.
  4. F

my H0 layout

well, guess its time for a bit of an update, some slight changes have occurred but most of the work that's been done isn't actually visible. one fairly major change is that, since I don't have space for an entire 0-scale layout, this has been added: what you see here is the first Lionel model...
  5. F

@bnsf971: "with some minor adjustments to the DCC" meaning the CV's or physically the decoder? I'm assuming CV's, but if so which adjustments did you make? the digital system I have doesn't really allow for changing CV's but if I know which to change I can change them on the club layout which...
  6. F

I recently was watching some video's about O-scale on youtube, one of these mentioned the Lionel Centipede units, now I don't have much in O-scale and although I like the unit also found them way to expensive, yet shortly after a store I do often buy US models send out a newsletter with...
  7. F

Cleaning Track discussion time!

normally I just use a cleaning car, if that won't work (i.e. the tracks need cleaning so bad the locomotive won't get far with the cleaning car), I use a soft cloth and (almost*) pure alcohol. for my G scale layout sometimes also sanding paper if need be, but that is really only if the other...
  8. F

my H0 layout

I've been gone from here for a bit, but I didn't stop working on he layout, so I made some progress. main station's for the US-models (I'll referring to the Atlas lines further on) (H0), Trix Express (H0) and MiniTrix (N): the N-scale is my sisters layout, I only have H0, 0 and G. this...
  9. F

my H0 layout

well, no new photo's but I did make some progress. the US tracks are now a full round so I can run with them. but the wiring does have to be re-done later on, it works but it's not very neatly done, and it was mostly wired so that it would run so I could also test the tracks. I also now have a...
  10. F

my H0 layout

some progress has been made over time, and the first bit of US traks have been laid out. the tracks I use for the US models are Atlas code 83, I intended to run on the Märklin tracks only, but the US locomotives won't make it over the contacts for the 3rd "rail" on turnouts. the tracks will be...
  11. F

CNR train going by on my narrow layout.

looks nice, but may I ask why a mobile file format for on a forum? (3GP is a standard for the 3G (third generation) cellular network)
  12. F

Show us your caboose!

@rustam, took some searching, but its for real: other type, but an actual car, same colors, with RADIO in yellow. as far as my caboose goes, the only one I have right now it the one that comes with the bachmann overland limted set.
  13. F

New camera, new layout video

looks good, I do have to say the first is rather dark though, that makes it hard to see the train.
  14. F

How did you decide on your Road/Theme?

I tend to keep the trains itself prototypical but further I just run with whatever I like.
  15. F

which Digitrax decoder should I get, and how do I get it in

ok, but the store I can get them only has digitrax, and one MRC. but I do want to be sure if it fits so I'll take a look how much space there actually is.
  16. F

I prefer not to modify the frame though, and I probably won't be doing it myself. however, I do need to know if a DH123D will fit, as I may not place it but I do need to buy it, and I do want to make sure to get the decoder I need to have....
  17. F

hm, will a digitrax DH123D fit in it? the MC2 is, if I read the dimensions right, smaller then it. although I think the main problem is the hight and it if I get the dimensions right then the digitrax DH123D is just a bit lower.
  18. F

want to replace plastic wheels on bachmann cars, but with which...

anyone know what wheels I need for the 4-8-4?
  19. F

want to replace plastic wheels on bachmann cars, but with which...

well I need both, also for the cars in the set, so they helped half. but, if you looked on http://www.bachmanntrains.com/, it shouldn't be to hard to find, pick the bachmann logo on the homepage -> H0 scale -> train sets -> Overland Limited. and that gives this page...

Back