Search results

1. J

Curved-Ladder Yard Design; help needed

Great point. I will check coupling and try to keep radii to the maximum I can fit in the corner. I have been using Shinohara/Walthers #6 turnouts on the other (compound) end of the ladder. Will this pose a problem on the pinwheel end, that the Fast track #6's will not? Since I have recently...
  2. J

The more I look at the pictures the more I wonder if that NS yard is really just a compound ladder type with curved tracks beyond the frog and not truly a "pinwheel" ?? But then "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" (apologies to Shakespeare!). Stay thirsty (for trains) my...
  3. J

That was incredibly helpful. I have printed it out (after saving and flipping image!). It also looks great! Better get to work! For three interesting and very appropriate local pictures I took just down the road from me, check out...
  4. J

Appreciate all above (or below!) FYI CN goes right through Battle Creek (ex-GTW here) and crosses NS which inherited the Michigan Central (NYC) line from Detroit to Chicago. Regarding the question from julienjj I would be able to fit a curve ranging from 35-46" radius into the 90deg corner of...
  5. J

New to this forum but here goes: Any help on how best to lay out a pinwheel or curved yard ladder would be greatly appreciated. I have visited several yard design "sites" and subscribe to MR. I also purchased on-line the great John Armstrong's "Freight Yards" from MR-Products "Information...

Back