Search results

1. Outback

Quick Easy Tall Grass

Here's a quick pic from an area undergoing scenicking... I model early spring or early fall depending on how you want to look at it. I like yellows and browns more than greens and colours, hence my yellowed tall grass - plain rope no colouring. Also in the pic you may notice real...
  2. Outback

Trailer for "The Lone Ranger"

NICE!!!! I'll be watching it.
  3. Outback

Quick Easy Tall Grass

I've been doing this for years but also and primarily using manila and other various forms of natural (or at least non shiney plastic/nylon) rope materials. It is kind of a staple for doing a railway modelled in a prairie landscape. It is easy, effective and very cheap by MR standards - meaning...
  4. Outback

denting up rolling stock

When I was a teen I used to heat a fork or other metal object with a lighter and then just push it into the plastic for various effects.
  5. Outback

Anyone have a ho scale point-to-point?

I have always had switching or pt-pt layouts. Since I was a kid in grade 5 I never liked the oval. Yes it's what I started out with and for the first couple years it was 'ok', but not realistic enough for me. From a young age I was obsessed with realism and acuracy and I knew of no real railways...
  6. Outback

Greetings from Canukstan...

Hi and welcome from another Canuck... SW Manitoba here. I havent been around a lot over the summer but slowly getting the train bug winter flu again lol. I was like you a couple years ago, just getting back into it after a long hiadus (18 years) prices scared the crap out of me and the lack of...
  7. Outback

RDC, Budd Car, Railiner, Dayliner

Yeah these RDCs are not quite up to standards detail and proto-wise either. The trucks comprise the front footboard area and stairs as well as the wheels, I always hated that and wanted an RDC with more realism. But since I had no use for RDCs on my line at the time, I never invested in one. Now...
  8. Outback

Hello from Manitoba

And welcome from yet another Manitoban (<-- that IS a word .. lol) of the South Western variety and expat Albertan too!! Also just back to the hobby after many years (17 in 2011) and rejuvenating my generic prairies branchline operations with some new locos and "stuff". :cool:
  9. Outback

Ahh, I see.. Thanks. Here are my two from way back in the late 70's early 80's. Not the greatest of models but one of very few that were making RDCs back then. Both are hand painted by my dad to represent both CPR schemes seen at the time. Not sure this company even exists...
  10. Outback

Zeograf... nice unit, very nicely done. Bob... Good to see your stuff here, you have amazed me for years and still do. Love the FN kitbash. Rick... yeah pics man, pics!!! Ken... they do look good in pairs. What brand are the Amtracks?
  11. Outback

HoYardSale

Thank you Ian :-)
  12. Outback

HoYardSale

Did I miss a memo on HOYS ? I can't seem to log in. It keeps telling me I have to be a member - but I AM! hmm...
  13. Outback

Lets see em if you have them! Additionally... who makes the best HO guage one for operations &c?
  14. Outback

Your favorite locomotive?

I would have to say I am a switcher fan. I like all of them more or less but the ones that really turn my crank are the SW series with twin CN style spark-arrested stacks and and the newer MP15s. 2 or 3 or 4 of them in consist is a very cool sight. I am slo a huge fan of and absolutely adore...
  15. Outback

Train songs

ELO, Last Train to London... http://youtu.be/3v6MBHpzZg8
  16. Outback

How do I uncouple my cars?

My Dad uses a Rix uncouplar tool, ithas a couple of magnets mounted each side of an arch and opens the knuckles without touching anything allowing you to then pull away from the car(s) intended to be left in place. Many guys just use a thin wire or pick tool and even a round toothpick will...
  17. Outback

Royal Canadian Mounted Police figures

Ah, ok, got ya :-)
  18. Outback

Ok maybe I am mistaken but I seem to recall them back in the 60's/70's in a brown patrol or work dress uniform - Black pants w/yellow stripe, Brown tunic, Sam Browne, and peak style cap.
  19. Outback

What about using him with the hat if he was in the Browns? There must be more than one officer type in the box, you would think anyway. I wonder.
  20. Outback

Mortar...what are you guys using??

I just use a thin wash of light grey or concrete coloured water soluble paint (whatever is on hand) and then wipe off the excess before it is completely dry. Works well for me.

Back