Search results

1. C

Holding your trucks still while painting

AllenB, I take it your talking HO. Take a piece of 1 x 4 scrap wood about 12" long and drill 4 - 1/4" holes evenly spaced on the 4" wide side, down the center of the length. Take 4 pieces if 1/4" dowel about 4" long and sharpen one end of each dowel in a pencil sharpener and the fit the blunt...
  2. C

Weathering

joed2323, The quick answer in no. The expanded answer is no I don't use chalk ever, since chalk by itself does not have any adhesion properties other that static electricity. Any powder work on my vehicles is done with a paint pigment powder called AIM powders, which are now available thru...
  3. C

Weathering

Chet, I agree with you whole heartedly, my pet peeve is seeing new toy like cars and engines on any layout. Unfortunately I have no control who runs what on their layouts, so on my layout all my cars and engines are weathered, it's my layout after all. Is this the type of weathering you're...
  4. C

I'm also New

I am new to the board and would like to say hello. I'm new to the forum board but not to Model Railroading, I have been at that for about twenty years. I just retired in June of 2009 and have not been able to spend very much time on the hobby because the 'Honey Do List keeps getting in the way...

Back