Search results

1. D

Convert DCC FP9 back to DC??

This may seem ridiculous to some, but I just received my Rapido Canadian (its ridiculously fantastic!!) with 2 dual mode sound equipped FP9s. I'm old school and run plain 'ol DC with no interest in converting to DCC and sound. I have three straight DC Rapido FP9s which run fantastic...
  2. D

How to remove J-ball

Hi Folks, I have a new Kato EJ&E SD38 which I want to weather. I don't want to repaint it, but I want to put the stripes on the nose and rear - this means removing the J-ball from the nose. Any advice on how best to do this? I've read about using alcohol but I don't want to ruin the paint...
  3. D

What do you use for dullcote/flat finish?

Hi folks, I'm just getting started in painting and weathering my ho scale models with an airbrush. I've been reading a ton and got my first paints to test with - acrylics to start with. The nicest models I see always have a nice flat finish and I'm wondering what people are using? I've read...
  4. D

P2K SW9/1200 "hunting"

Hi all, I have a P2K SW9/1200 which is driving me nuts. I have a switching layout and love locos that crawl along at very slow speeds. This SW runs very nicely in one direction, but in the other direction it "hunts" a bit, and its most noticable at slow speeds. I've taken it all apart...

Back