Search results

1. irocinblue89

shelf layout design questions

Hello everyone! After a 6 month hiatus I am finally able to get back to model railroading. I have truly missed the forum and the help! With the new house comes a new layout. :D Anyways, I will refrain from posting the layout design for personal reasons, but I could really use some help/input on...
  2. irocinblue89

Next project

Another PCM big boy. This time I'm trying 2 - 20mm HB speakers in the loco w/ custom enclosures , and 2 - 28mm HB speakers in the tender in a custom isobaric enclosure. I wanted to make the enclosure as large as possible so as you can see it leaves little room for the sound decoder and wiring.
  3. irocinblue89

Need help removing steam locomotive shell

Can someone direct me towards the correct way to remove the top of the boiler on an OMI FEF-1 4-8-4 HO scale. I don't want to scratch or damage anything but it is REALLY frustrating me! LOL Thanks, Seann
  4. irocinblue89

WPF 1-31 to 2-6

Hello all! Hope everyone here in the states are warming up, and down under is cooling down! I got a few new toys...
  5. irocinblue89

Weekly photo thread

I will try my hand at starting one. I always enjoy them. First Gear dozer on a Red Caboose flat. I'm not much into the modeling aspect, but this was kind of easy. I more enjoy the electronics side of this hobby.
  6. irocinblue89

Diamond scale turntable!

So, I am very fortunate to do business with the LHS that produces and sells Diamond scale products. I have been a frequent visitor of this place for 3 years now. They are great people and if I dare say, good friends. Well I was able to help/watch the building process of my 134' turntable here...
  7. irocinblue89

If a man wanted to do some research....

Can anyone suggest a few good books on the Union Pacific during the Challenger, Big Boy, and turbine era. I would like to read up on some of these locomotives and also view some pics.
  8. irocinblue89

3985 lighting

I am working on an HO Challenger and I want to do something different. I am putting a QSI Titan in it for sound with 2 - 28mm speakers mounted isobaric in the tender, 1 - 20mm in the cab, and 1 cube speaker under the stacks. My goal is to get a very nice sounding stereo effect from the Titan. If...
  9. irocinblue89

Some pics of the layout progress

Hello all, I've been meaning to start a thread on our layout but we don not have internet at home and work has been crazy so I haven't really had any lunch breaks. Anyways, Here is what we have done so far. All of the bench work is done except for the area where the roundhouse & turntable are...
  10. irocinblue89

Atlas code 83 in stock

I just ordered 100 pcs but wanted to let everyone know modeltrainstuff has it in stock.
  11. irocinblue89

What the H*** MTH!!!???

So I just got home from work and opened up 1 of my packages. MTH GS-6 just released. Well first the instruction booklet included w/ it says Pensy K4... Next, there is no couplers or boxes. this is my umtenth MTH steamer and they have all come with the couplers and mounting hardware. Ok MAYBE it...
  12. irocinblue89

Looking for online source

Hey guys, I am looking for an online source for modeling the U.P. heritage passenger car fleet. Can anyone help or provide a link? I looked in Utah Rails w/ no luck as well as a google search. Thanks, Seann
  13. irocinblue89

real quick question

How tall are the walthers HO scale tri-level auto carriers off the rails. Mine are at club and I am trying to figure out my tunnel portal heights. Thanks!
  14. irocinblue89

Please help me polish this yard

I am looking for help to try and clean this design up before I commit to it. No better place to ask than here. I am trying to get all of the "should haves" for a working yard but it just doesn't seem to flow or look right. Even if I am on the right path please critique it. Anyways, please help...
  15. irocinblue89

Started building the 1st helix

Hello everyone! I started building the 1st of 2 helix today and figured I would show some pics. This pic is of the luan cut and on the floor being glued together. It's 2 layers thick making it a total of 1/4". The over all diameter is 77" with radii 36" and 33 1/2". I am climbing 19" with 5...
  16. irocinblue89

Delay's, delay's, delay's

Does any one know when/if MTH is going to re-run their HO steam engines again? Have they released any info as to why the delay? Just trying to decide if I should wait for them to come back out or get one off fleebay. Thanks
  17. irocinblue89

Let me tell you a story about a Big Boy

I received my MTH Big Boy yesterday but wasn't able to open it before I left for work. I opened it today and tested it. Guess what. IT DOESN"T RUN! I took it to a hobby/repair shop over an hour away and they said the gears were striped out in the rear drivers. We called MTH and they do not have...
  18. irocinblue89

Athearn DDa40x

I have to say, I think Athearn hit a home run with these. Now, I'm not a rivet counter and I don't really know if "x" handrail is in the correct place. Now what I do know. The paint and decals are really nice. I like all of the little details it has compared to the Bachmann. ( I had them sitting...
  19. irocinblue89

Need help w/ a Mikado

Group, I just recently purchased a HO scale U.P. Mikado and noticed there was no rear light on the tender. I have searched on yahoo for pics of real Mikado's and can't come up with a good pic. I can't believe there was no rear light. Is this correct? If it's not can I purchase (does someone sell...
  20. irocinblue89

MTH DCC upgrade WHEN?

Group, Does anyone know which SD70ACE's and M-2's got the update from the factory? The reason I ask is MB Klien had a couple of M-2's with his sound for $149.00. I HAD to get them as they will work with my Rail America shortline. But, like I said I was wondering if they would be the updated...

Back