Search results

1. J

Kato DCC switch machines

Thanks Jim. As usual you are a wealth of information:) I couldn't get that info speaking with Kato U.S. directly. As I said in my response to Jacob I will look at other alternatives and I will check out the article you have recommended. Joe
  2. J

Kato DCC switch machines

Thanks Jacob. They have something similar for Kato switches. I think it's called KatSwitch or SwitchKat or something like that :). I have definitely considered it and it may be the way to go. The layout is in 2 separate rooms and may expand into 2 more. Unfortunately I can't remove walls to...
  3. J

Kato DCC Turnout Machine

Hi I originally posted this under general information but a member suggested it would be better posted here and he is right :o Has anyone used the HO scale Kato DCC turnout machines (29099 - R, 29098 - L)? I am thinking of using them instead of the Kato DC Turnout Machine to convert my...
  4. J

Kato DCC switch machines

Thanks for the feedback!!! JonNFL - Your right. I will repost in the Electronics & DCC... Thanks UP2CSX - These particular devices have the stationary decoder built in. If you are converting a manual Kato switch, as I am, you just attach it as you would the Kato DC turnout machine. You then...
  5. J

Kato DCC switch machines

It seems as though no one has used them. I'm not too surprised now. I called Kato USA and they have no idea what features are supported (position of points, direct control of turnout). I will get one and try it. I like the idea of having a DCC control that attaches in the same way as the DC...
  6. J

Kato DCC switch machines

Hi Has anyone used the HO scale Kato DCC switch machines (29099 - R, 29098 - L)? I am thinking of using them but would like to find out what others have experienced. Thanks

Back