Search results

1. GP30

N scale tractor trailer

After finding my lost box of N scale vehicles yesterday, I decided to post a few pics while waiting for some paint to dry on my layout. Theres very few choices when it comes to N scale trucks or cars, IMO. . At least the era I'm going for. 70's to present. I try to buy the Herpa ? 4 pack of...
  2. GP30

Laying flex track

I'm starting to lay new flex track on my layout. I know to make sure all the movable rails are on the same side together , but is there a certain side the movable rail has to be on? Does it have to be on the outside of the curve or inside of the curve , or doesnt it matter as long as all the...
  3. GP30

1st pics of the rebuild of my layout

Ok, I've decided to go ahead and start posting pics of my layout. I'm by far no pro. I've learned alot by trial and error and by searching websites. This layout was originaly started about 15 years ago or so. Because of my job and money, I really never got it finished. I did have trains running...
  4. GP30

Help w/ painting a backdrop

I just started to paint my backdrop on my layout. I painted the wall a nice Blue. I made a trip to the hobby store yesterday to pick up some paint to start painting my clouds and mountains on the backdrop. Now it's been a while since I bought paint. I picked up some Floquil. I like the results...
  5. GP30

Foamboard on plywood

I have a question. I posted a thread on code 55 vs 80 track and switches. Thanks for all the helpful info. After reading posts on here, I see some of you use plywood on top of your benchwork, then glue the foamboard to that. My question is, does this really need to be done? and here's why I am...
  6. GP30

Code 80 VS Code 55

Hello, I am brand new to this forum. I've been trying to build a N scale layout for about 20 + years now.....LOL!! I had a 27 ft x 18 ft layout. I had gone through a split up and had to tear down the layout. Its all bench style. I am now in the process of putiing it all back up and together...

Back