Search results

1. L

Laying Peco code 55 track using caulk: problems

I know this a late answer but I used a medium temp glue gun , works great. I use it on the ends of the ties after the track is pinned in place where i want it.
  2. L

New layout dreaming.

I agree that A is nicer in my eyes if you turn that crossover to an overpass. Dual track mainline running is great. Perfect place for fancy bridgework. A gets my vote.
  3. L

Moldy Magazines - What to do? Help!

I had some old encyclopedia's and some where i found a remedy. Use sheets of bounce fabric softener in between some books. It worked for me and I bet this will work for you too. anyway try it, it might work for you.
  4. L

What do you do for a living?

Blue collar is ok. Been a transport refrigeration technician for a large juice company in Bradenton, Fl for the last 12 years.
  5. L

Ideas needed

If you check out my photos in collection you can see what I did in N scale with only a few more feet then you have. Check it out for ideas, though mine is a work in progress.
  6. L

how did you pick a rail line

Its funny, I remember grampa with this CBQ buckle he had. Yep you guessed it. I went Burlington Route, its my favorite.
  7. L

Couplers?

In a word no, they look good in the yard is about it. Low profile is the ticket.
  8. L

Layout room coming along

Looks good, I know what you mean when you finally get it going forward. Very creative lighting too.
  9. L

Flextrack & curve raduis...

One way is to use a yardstick and drill a hole at 1 inch then the other at 23 to make 22inch curves and put a nail in the 1 in mark and use a swing arc to get your radius. A very simple tool with no need to buy anything. Of course 22 inch radius equals 44 inches total with 2 inch on each end of...
  10. L

Help with my first layout

You really need to think outside the box so to speak. I see an island in the middle to start with then going to the wall just right of the door. Along the walls you can go 30 inches 36 tops. Proceed to the closet area leaving plenty of room for access go right but only to an aisle you leave to...
  11. L

Starting an N-Scale layout...suggestions wanted

Hello burning metal, I am new here also and building a pike for myself in n scale. I picked out a plan from 101 model railroads you can build and stretched it to fit my area and preferences. Double track main line was a must with a yard and also branchline so I picked number 65 from the book...
  12. L

Foam Question

I used 15/32 birch sandwiched with 2'' foam board, coupled with foam risers and incline sets makes for a sturdy and quiet foundation.:p

Back