Search results

1. R

Pros or Cons of thoughts on New HO layout

Here is what I have so far for a new layout. All thoughts, input and help is appreciated. HO Layout Plan – Steam era of late 1800 thru early 1900 The ATSF runs thru Dodge City, Kansas to Pueblo, Colo where a D&RGW line brings coal to a CF&I Steel Mill. The AT&SF brings freight and...
  2. R

More Modular Layout Questions

In Peter Lieber's thread on 'Modular Layout Assembly' (1-07-09) and questions of connecting the modulars together the ending problem hinges around the swelling of the wood underlayment. By the way, Peter has built a very nice table. My question is how much of the swelling problem will go...
  3. R

J 4-8-4 Locomotive Problem

Grandson has acquired a HO, J 4-8-4 Locomotive #611 (Norfolk & Western) Spectrum. This is a set that came with 22" Radius E-Z Track. The problem is keeping the Loco and Tender on the track. Either the front 4 pilots are off or the Tender is off track or they are both off. This all happens on...
  4. R

Favorite Locomotives

I have seen some of the discussions here of different Diesel Engines and Manufactures. I have done a search but did not find any like discussions of Steam Locomotives. Being new to the Hobby I am looking for input on Good, Better and Best Steam Locomotives. Would anyone care to share their...

Back