Search results

1. Brooklyn

Class 37 DCC fitting question

I have a Graham Farish DCC ready Class 37 that I’m wanting to upgrade to DCC. I really want to put a sound chip in it but am not looking forward to dismantling it to do so. I know the standard is the Zimo MX660, but I’m wondering if the new Zimo MS491L would fit. It has the Nem 651 6 pin...
  2. Brooklyn

The New Amsterdam/Byrness Station N Scale Model Railroad

Hello, I thought I'd share a few photos of some of the work I've been doing lately on the railroad. These are just a few snippets. Enjoy. This is a PECO turntable, powered by a stepper motor below. Works well for short locomotives in a shunt yard. A few mechanics are discussing something with...
  3. Brooklyn

Introduction

Hi there! My name in Brooklyn, and I'm an N scale modeler in upstate New York, modeling the transition years of the mid to late '50's thru early '60's. The overall name of the layout is New Amsterdam/Byrness Station. I have a love for both American and British Rails, so about a third of my...
  4. Brooklyn

Disaster averted (Kato GG1 shell replacement)

I was running my Kato GG1 around my layout, as I had hundreds of times. Leaving the layout running is not usually a problem. When I returned a few minutes later, the GG1 was no where to be found. Walking The layout I found it, laying at the bottom of a ravine, having derailed and tumbled off a...

Back