Search results

1. S

best 4x8 layouts...

These plans are all nice and good - but how do you guys operate these layouts? That's the question - do you guys do a number of laps and then pull into a station, then do a number of laps and pull into a station (maybe the same station) so that there is a feel of being the engineer? Cheers...
  2. S

Smaller Layout Plan

Tracks seem to be very close to the edge of the table/benchwork - will not be very good! Better to have say about 2 or 3 inches space there and put some scenery - will give the layout some 'depth'. Only a suggestion - not a criticism.
  3. S

My Layout - Feedback required

Hi Guys Thanks alot for your feedback - the thing that prompted this change is that I fell for the beginners trap - laying too much track! Unfortunatley I thought I would like a yard as a focal point so I wont get bored and a yard gives me plenty of 'operation' (First plan presented). But...
  4. S

Starting again...Long post

No matter how good the plan looks on paper - after you layout your track - you will remove it and change it. I learnt that no matter how good it looks on paper - once you actually operate the layout as designed, you will still want to change it.
  5. S

Hi guys I have changed the layout - I now have staging which represents the rest of the world. Also the loop at the bottom will be going, so the only crossing point is at INGLE - so trains only cross once - which is much more realistic. Feedback appreciated: Cheers Shelton.
  6. S

Hi Guys Thanks alot for your feedback - really appreciate it. The idea of this layout is to make up a train at Stawham, then this train will traverse the 'countryside' passing two stations, then arriving at another station called Meredith. Yes, that track on the left top is actually...
  7. S

Hi All I am trying to develop a layout based on Western Victoria - Australia in the 70s - I tried the idea of a hidden staging yard on the southern end but don't like the idea that the trains are hidden and that the trains are not being controlled from Point A to its destination or Point B...
  8. S

Problem with Kadee 58s

Yea - I think it may be due to the weight of my kits. At what speed do you guys couple your wagons? 5mph scale speed? Cheers!
  9. S

Problem with Kadee 58s

Hey All I have installed some Kadees on my rollingstock and have weighed down the wagons - however, if I try and couple two wagons together really slowly, the other wagon just gets pushed down and not coupled. Do you use some speed to couple up or can you couple up with a very small movement...
  10. S

Who built this model Loco?

Any idea how much these units would fetch? There is some slight damage to the handrails. I noticed these units have directional lighting. They come with Kadee Couplers. Thanks!
  11. S

Well these run beautifully - actually I am selling this unit - if anyone is interested let me know - however I am in Australia so it may take a little while to get to the States ;) Private Me an offer if anyone is interested - I can also send more pics. Cheers!
  12. S

help identify this loco

How do you guys tell whether its an Athearn? Are they any noticable features? Thanks!
  13. S

Hey All I have an Amtrak Dash8-32BHW model loco - but I am not sure who built this whether it was Athearn or Atlas? All it says in the underbelly is Walthers Made In China. It is HO Scale. Anyone have any ideas? thanks

Back