Search results

1. NorthTexasRailroad

Walthers GP35

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but I didn't see another thread it would be appropriate for. Anyone purchased Walthers Proto locomotives before? Thoughts (good, bad, meh)? I've mostly seen them do early diesel era locomotives. I'd like my next major purchase to be a locomotive to...
  2. NorthTexasRailroad

Building the North Texas Railroad

Starting a layout build thread for the layout. Right now it's just plywood over folding tables with an oval of nickel silver EZ Track and a couple bridges awaiting a river to flow under it. Expanded it recently with a couple 36" straights from the train shop. Saving up for turnouts!
  3. NorthTexasRailroad

EZ-Track and NCE Powercab

I'm currently running DC on my layout, but I want to switch to DCC for a variety of reasons. NCE Powercab seems like the way to go for an entry-level DCC system, but I wasn't sure how well it will work with connecting to EZ-Track. I read elsewhere on a blog to simply cut the wired connector...
  4. NorthTexasRailroad

Howdy from NTX

Hello everyone! Model railroad newbie just starting out. Started with a Bachmann starter set (Rail Chief) and now building a layout in the garage. Hope to learn more as I build my first layout in HO...I've learned a lot from reading and watching Youtube, but I know I'm going to have to learn a...

Back