Search results

1. Empire Builder

Athearn Hi-F drive

I recently got ahold of a 1998 guide to Athearn HO model trains, & looking at the F7's in there, I noticed that sme had a "HiF" rubberband drive. How does this work? I've never knew about model trains having a rubberband drive before. Also, in the same list, I noticed that some were maked "Grd"...
  2. Empire Builder

Photos wanted.. Montana Rail Link #250 and #290..

I have #250 on my layout.:D
  3. Empire Builder

GEVO's & ACe/DCe's

Do you think that GE's Evolutions & EMD's SD70ACe/SD70DCe(M-2) will ever be mass produced by an affordable company, such as Athearn? I'm just wondering if they'll ever get produced by a company that will sell them for less than what Tower55 is selling them for.
  4. Empire Builder

Athearn Amtrak P42

Thanks for your help! I'll try KAdee #5's 1st, because I have those on hand, & if they don't work, I'll try to order athearn coupler boxes.
  5. Empire Builder

Athearn Amtrak P42

No, they're more rectangular & they're grey, as for the couplers, it came with aBacman easy-mate couplers.
  6. Empire Builder

Athearn Amtrak P42

I seemed to have lost the coupler boxes that go on my Athearn P42, so I was wondering if you could buy replacement coupler boxes for an Athearn Ready-to-roll Amtrak P42, & if so, where? Any help will be welcome!!!
  7. Empire Builder

Find that locomotive!!!!

Just to sum up what to look for: 1. SPSF SD45T-2 2.SP SD40R 3. ATSF Dash 9 4. Amtrak P42 in phase V (5) 5. WC F45 6. Weathered BN gondola 7.industrial/narrow gauge diesels
  8. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

Yeah, I knew I'd ruin the guessing game.:) I was actually debating on wheather or not to keep quiet for another day or two before posting the results, so I could see what you guys would come up with!:p
  9. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

Hi guys, thanks for your input, but it turned out to be none of those things. It was actually a much simpler problem than what everyone thought it was. When I was trying to figurew out what it was, I was looking at the trucks, & when it derailed, I rerailed it & I thought that the connection...
  10. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

It could be that but... The thing that seams to rule that out in my mind is the fact that it ran just fine when I first got it. It has only been in the past month or so that this problem has surfaced. And, if the wheels were out of gage, wouldn't they have been that way from the start, or is...
  11. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

5. the derailed truck 6.the manual switch where the tender jumps the tracks. 7. the bottom of the loco & tender. 8. a close up of the connection between the tender & the engine
  12. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

1.&2. Overall views of the engine 3. The tender 4. the front truck of the tender after it derailed
  13. Empire Builder

Tender Problems

:confused:I've been haveing problems latly with the tender of my mikido; here's all the info & observations, I know it seems like alot & some of it may be useless information & might not have anything to do with the cause or solution to my problem, but I thought I would just gather as much info...
  14. Empire Builder

Find that locomotive!!!!

Since you said you wanted a couple more entries, here you go:) : 1. Amtrak P42 in phase V(5) paint. 2. Great Northern diesels. good luck;)
  15. Empire Builder

Find that locomotive!!!!

Does anyone have Empire Builder equipment?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Is it really that hard to find????????????????
  16. Empire Builder

Comment by 'Empire Builder' in media 'Wallace River'

Excelent! Great picture.(y)
  17. Empire Builder

Find that locomotive!!!!

Great picture, KJD! I'll definetly vote for that pic!
  18. Empire Builder

Find that locomotive!!!!

I haven't posted one of my descriptions in a while so I thought one up for you guys: F45, extra points if it is Montana Rail Link or Burlington Northern:) Remember we're still looking for Empire Builder equipment, Amtrak or Great Northern, basically if it was used on the Empire Builder...
  19. Empire Builder

Scheme for my rr.

Maybe it's the program or computer or something like that.:)

Back