Search results

1. magilla12

Magilla’s first layout build.

OK it’s starting to cool down a little bit so maybe I can get back in the train room I’ll keep you updated.
  2. magilla12

Really like the new transformer.
  3. magilla12

OK I just wanted to let everybody know I haven’t quit on the train. I’ve just had to put it on the back burner for now. It’s been yard cleanup flowerbeds, cleanup, mowing, weed eating garden planting time. I did get a new DC controller new engine and some cars.
  4. magilla12

Well I haven’t done much in the last week or so, I had to move everything for flooring, that wore me out but I’m about to get back in the swing of it. I got a coat of paint on the bridges and work continues on the farmers COOP.
  5. magilla12

Thank you for all the nice words. I did clean it good but did not use primer.
  6. magilla12

Yeah, I thinned it plenty when I use the airbrush I just think it’s the cheap paint I bought doesn’t want to stick to the plastic very good. I probably should’ve roughed it up a little bit. I was 20psi also. I’ll kick it up a bit and try it.
  7. magilla12

Turned out ok.
  8. magilla12

Probably operator issue, I’m trying to use an airbrush for the first time. I tried to brush some without thinning it and it kinda gummed up on me. Hard to explain. I’ll get it figured out, hopefully, I’ve been back on YouTube.
  9. magilla12

Still working on my grain elevator. I’m not having much luck with the acrylic paint I used. 😕. Krylon it is.
  10. magilla12

Scratch Built Fire Hose Drying Tower

Have you tried drilling holes in all four corners first, that might help it from splitting.
  11. magilla12

Been busy, we‘re getting new flooring, buts that’s another story. I haven’t worked on the layout much the resin cured up nicely I’ve been working on a couple of models, I’m happy with the way the pond turned out.m
  12. magilla12

It’s been almost 48 hrs. Another 24 to go.
  13. magilla12

Spray Bottles???

I used a 3/1 water/mod Podge in a spray bottle with no issues so far.
  14. magilla12

It helps that I don’t have much else to do so I can spend a lot of time on it.
  15. magilla12

I added another layer if moss and hallelujah it rained last night. Stir for 10 min. This product has a 2 hour working time so bubbles shouldn’t be a problem. Hopefully
  16. magilla12

Actually, it’s my second time to do the same layout but I got transferred to a different duty station and wasn’t able to take it with me so I sold it. I was to the point of building bridges and hadn’t done any cuts yet.
  17. magilla12

Roots installed, I will give them a little paint soon as the glue dries also used some of that turf to simulate moss in the bottom of the pond.
  18. magilla12

I’ve watched all of his videos, he’s the example I’m trying to use.
  19. magilla12

I think I spend more time waiting on glue to dry than I do working on it.
  20. magilla12

Roots. They are pretty fragile. I’m thinking about dipping them in the latex.

Back