Search results

1. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

I am working on a Tichy # 4021 40' flat car and tractor load for the layout. I wanted to deliver a John Deere tractor to the feed store and tractor dealership circa 1948-52. I used the instructions in the AAR book, Rules Governing the Loading of Commodities on Open Top Cars, 1-1-1940. The...
  2. 49fordv8f4

New sign for Betty's Trackside Diner

I made a roadside sign for the diner. It is made from styrene sheet and strip with the sign printed on matte photo paper. The sign pole is a sprue from the Walthers bridge kit that I built for the layout. It was the perfect size for the pole. I was going to paint it all white, but my wife really...
  3. 49fordv8f4

Tydol fuel truck bed build.

I am scratch building a fuel truck bed for an HO scale Classic Metal Works '41-'46 Chevrolet truck like the bed on the truck in the photo below. Are the round items centered on the back just above the bumper the hose connectors for the tank compartment drains? If so, are the valves on the...
  4. 49fordv8f4

Billboard Idea

I posted this in Scenery , but for some reason it posted it down in the middle of the page and I thought that it might not be seen. This is a scan of a Missouri Pacific ticket booklet cover from a trip my wife's Grandfather made in 1953. It looks to me like it would make a great billboard image...
  5. 49fordv8f4

Billboard Idea

This photo is a scan of a Missouri Pacific ticket booklet cover from a trip that my wife's Grandfather took in 1953. Looks to me like it would make a great billboard image for a layout.
  6. 49fordv8f4

Barn scratchbuild

I am building a copy of my wife's Grandfather's barn for the layout. The barn was built 1945-50 from southern yellow pine and was never painted. I have to order some strap hinges for the doors, but I will install them after they are weathered and the barn is weathered. Here are a few photos and...
  7. 49fordv8f4

Poley's HO layout photos

Here are a few photos of my small layout. I have posted photos of several of the buildings, so I thought that I would give you'all an idea of where they are on the layout. The layout is 4'-3" x 8'-3" right now, but I want to add about a foot to the end with the controller to give more room for...
  8. 49fordv8f4

Poley's shop truck

Here is a truck I modified to be a shop truck for my machine and welding shop. I wanted a truck to match the real one that i have that is in my avatar. I started with a Golden Wheels '48-'50 Ford Firetruck. I removed the cab and fire equipment body from the truck chassis and removed the chrome...
  9. 49fordv8f4

House scratch build

This house is an HO scale replica of my wife's Great Grandparents house. It was built in 1894 by my wife's Great Great Grandfather. It is about five miles from our house. My wife and I went and measured the house and took a lot of photos. It Is made from Evergreen styrene and has Tichy windows...
  10. 49fordv8f4

Scratch built country store

I based this HO store build on a rural country store that is about three miles from my house. I used to stop here for a soda or fill up my '47 Ford Fordor sedan. The building is now a residence. I used Evergreen styrene, Tichy doors and windows, and JL Innovative service station details. Thanks...
  11. 49fordv8f4

Diner kitbash for my layout

Here are some photos of a diner that I kitbashed for my small HO scale layout. I started with an MDC 50' passenger car kit and scratch built a kitchen addition for the back. I made a base for the model with a brick foundation, concrete landings on each end of the car, and a concrete sidewalk out...
  12. 49fordv8f4

New from Arkansas

Thanks for the add! I am a retired machine and welding shop owner/operator in north central Arkansas. I am working on a small HO layout based about 1950. I enjoy scratch building structures for the layout. I have an undecorated Bachmann 2-8-0 that I will letter for Frisco. Thanks again.

Back