Search results

1. D

Example of using a real control panel to operate a model

I am sorry this is not a train control panel, I wish it was. Anyway, a lift-span bridge was getting an upgraded control panel and the local maritime museum got the old one. They want it to control a model of the bridge. Of course the internal wiring had to be rewired, and I thought why not turn...
  2. D

5 ROOM LIGHT SEQUENCER

The circuit uses a 555 timer IC with a trimmer to adjust the sequence timing. When each step takes a while it can appear as if someone is going from one room to the next. The design, testing, construction and installing it. The Circuit board is mounted directly under the layout table, with...
  3. D

My first scratch built house.

This house is part of a bridge diorama. It is 1/72 scale. It is not a railway scale as such, but may provide some ideas for the beginner in scratch building. My methods are my own, so they may be wrong or complicated, but my background in designing dictates how I went about it. The actual...
  4. D

Bridge on the River Kwai _ a static display.

I only just got interested in model roading, so what I am about to share with you has little, if anything, to do with trains. About a year or so ago I started scratch building, as seen in the movie, The Bridge on the River Kwai. In doing so, I had no intentions of showing a train, let along a...

Back