Search results

1. D

Bridge on the River Kwai _ a static display.

@beiland , thanks for sharing your photos with us.
  2. D

I have not researched about the steel bridge, only what came up while researching the wooden one. Some of the photos I found came from the Australian War Memorial, such as..
  3. D

The circled bridge was the original wooden bridge. The movie bridge was built at a small community called Kitulgala on the Masleliya Oya, a tributary of the Kelani River, between the Sri Lankan capital Colombo and Kandy.
  4. D

Thanks for showing the above photos of the Japanese built bridge, and the locomotive that served at that time. Just to clarify, the original bridge built by the POWs was not made of steel and concrete, but of wood from the forest. The steel one was built after, the original wooden bridge built...
  5. D

5 ROOM LIGHT SEQUENCER

Ah yes, I was playing around with that idea when building a control hut for a lift-span bridge.
  6. D

5 ROOM LIGHT SEQUENCER

Very good.
  7. D

https://wordsmusicandstories.wordpress.com/2019/10/02/the-bridge-on-the-river-kwai%F0%9F%8E%B6/
  8. D

Thanks for the book link.
  9. D

That made me laugh at myself. My mother told me that she and I saw the movie at the cinema when it came out (1957). I was 3 y.o. at the time. Apparently, we caught a train home, a good 30 min trip, and I would not stop whistling that march music. Thanks for sharing.
  10. D

Your most welcomed, @Hungariantom .
  11. D

@PRR Modeler , Thanks for kind words.
  12. D

I have not seen any videos but I have a few photograph images showing different stages. Regarding your photographs, yes, please do share them with us.
  13. D

Example of using a real control panel to operate a model

I am sorry this is not a train control panel, I wish it was. Anyway, a lift-span bridge was getting an upgraded control panel and the local maritime museum got the old one. They want it to control a model of the bridge. Of course the internal wiring had to be rewired, and I thought why not turn...
  14. D

5 ROOM LIGHT SEQUENCER

The circuit uses a 555 timer IC with a trimmer to adjust the sequence timing. When each step takes a while it can appear as if someone is going from one room to the next. The design, testing, construction and installing it. The Circuit board is mounted directly under the layout table, with...
  15. D

Mini-Scene Monday

Big Wopper Lawn mower. Police car that ran out of fuel. Crane attempting to lift marooned buoy breaks cage arm and frightens worker. Two others laughing. We need a bigger boat!
  16. D

The final download of photos... A simple touch of a permanent ink pen provides the impression of spikes heads (fasteners). The foreman in the bottom photo sure gives a good idea of how big the bridge was. Working on the track and footway. Using 1mm thick styrene strips for railway...
  17. D

Thank you all for your support and information, it's much appreciated. I am having a late lunch, and got some time to post some more photos. This section of the bridge remains unfinished and it will show the POWs at work. However, the rest of the bridge is to be completed, but...
  18. D

It is the collective beliefs of a people which forms cultures and sub-cultures, in which each one has differences of opinion of each other. Even forums of a similar hobby, such as model railroading, are sub-cultures. That is why I choose to be more independent than most, and usually end up doing...
  19. D

Yes, it is hard to imagine what it was like without ever experiencing anything close to it. To work there, tortured, sick and dying, is bad enough, but the rock they were digging through was hard and already reddish in colour. The rock had red inclusions of stone that reflected the light, making...

Back