Search results

1. M

Ohio Valley - somewhere between Weirton and Wheeling

I love to run the trains as well. I like doing all the other stuff but, I do have difficult time moving forward with layout. I am not sure why that is, but, it is a problem for me. I enjoy the planning and playing around with the track plannin software.
  2. M

N Scale Rural Setting. Switching with 2 main lines with/without branch line

You won't hurt my feelings. I am looking for comments good and corrective?? I have been working on this track plan a couple of days. I wanted 2 main lines to run the trains and, I wanted a smaller yard. This is a rural setting and Medora is a very small community. I going to attach the SCARM...
  3. M

Ohio Valley - somewhere between Weirton and Wheeling

Jeff, it has been about 2 years since I posted.....I am not sure why I didn't see your photo's before now. I get easily distracted. I am still working on the plan....I started a 30" bench around the room but, wasn't moving forward like I wanted. I have a difficult time moving forward with any...
  4. M

First Thing To Consider

I am buying a building to house my N Scale model train layout. It will be around 10' x 16' ?? Maybe 12' x 16' . I have started several layouts over the years but, have never really felt that I had "it nailed down" to where I knew exactly what I was going to do. Didn't really have a plan. It...
  5. M

Thank You Greg......Haven't been able to work on trains for over a year.....am anxious to get started again....
  6. M

Thank You
  7. M

Thank You
  8. M

Thank You Dave....I appreciate the nice comment......
  9. M

Out Building dedicated to my Model Train.

I am an N Scaler.....I am thinking that a 12' x 16' would be sufficient......thing is, I have my table saw, miter saw, drill press, etc.....I would like to have it in close proximity to my woodworking stuff....While I am not on a tight budget, I do have to keep it "within reason"....she is...
  10. M

Out Building dedicated to my Model Train.

We have just finished off half of our basement. Thing is, the other half is now storage for all that is in the basement. Consequently, I have given up the space I used for my model trains. I want to build an out building (in close proximity to the house) just for my trains. My first question...
  11. M

I am new to this group.....really don't care for Facebook?? Looking for other avenues for discussion of the hobby. I am retired and have owned model trains most of my life. My dad bought American Flyer when I was young. I have moved to N Scale in the past 20 years. While I have owned trains...

Back