Search results

1. Dub

Marx Whistle Station.

All Marx Whistle Stations are not the same. I was recently reminded that some stations were lighted. I was given a rusty hulk of a station. I cleaned it up and the whistle worked but I realized that it had two terminals. Thinking back to my table I am sure that one had three. So it did!. Here...
  2. Dub

Pesky broken Screw Posts

Lionel Trains have been around a long time. Older tenders and boxcars have screw posts to attach the shell to the metal frame. Over the years they split and break off. To me this has become regular maintenance, and I thought I would share my repair on the subject. Shown here is the typical...
  3. Dub

Marx 30 watt Transformer

Off the beaten path, I recently answered a question about a Marx 25 Watt Transformer and this was the closest I had. I thought it was worth a photo op. Well I messed with it and changed the cord but the coil wire broke. Bad luck, I think I have enough wire left.
  4. Dub

Dover, NH, Saturday, April 6th

TCA Northern New England Chapter Meet April 6 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Train show WITH ALL SCALES, Exhibitor tables, operating layout, railroadiana items. Food on Premises. Meet some folks, discuss trains, etc. Enjoy yourself and HAVE FUN! And—No sales tax on purchases!! $5 per person, Children...
  5. Dub

The 395 Floodlight Tower

Here is the latest fix it. Just wondering if anyone has one and have, they modified the lighting arraignment? Parts are on the way, and I am thinking of using, 14 volt bulbs instead of the original.
  6. Dub

Prewar 601 Coach

This is a current project I am working on. For some history this is one of the earliest O gage cars. Seven inches in length it was manufactured from 1918ish to 1924. The dawn of O gage trains for Lionel. It;s a little rough. A bonus in a lot I bought from Vermont. I am hoping to cure it from...
  7. Dub

Lionel 6111 Faltcar

Lionel 6111 Flatcar For some reason I love this car. Maybe because it is so simple. It's a cheep buy I just can't resist. Often they are in less than perfect condition so this is what I do. I want to keep it with a used look. I want the side lettering to be in a good condition otherwise...
  8. Dub

Too far Gone? 1682 Lionel

A rusted lithograph can be difficult to restore. One solution I have, is not to paint it. Show are two cabooses from the late 30's . One needs help and this is what I did. ... I used a demel sanding drum for stripping. Then went to a fine sand paper to finish. ... I did paint the...
  9. Dub

Lionel 310 & 312

Lionel 610 & 612 I thought you would like to see another before /after project. This was a recent purchase. The cars date back to 1925. The six windows, the circular railing on the observation and lighting are period features .The exterior paint was stripped or just worn off. Using scotchbrite...
  10. Dub

Lionel 248

Thought I'd post a recently completed project. I installed repro wheels and it runs like a champ. Before and after.

Back